- Career Trends
- News and Events
- How To
- Allied Health Industry
- Allied Health Practitioners
- Employer News
- Candidate News
- 5 Ways for Medical Professionals to Manage Stress and Anxiety at Work
- Get Paid What You're Worth - 5 Tips for Landing a Raise
- 6 Easy Ways to Improve Your Professional Skills While Working Full Time
- 7 Tips for Getting Your Resume Past an Applicant Tracking System (ATS)
- 5 Questions to Expect During Your Medical Job Interview
7 Skills Professional Recruiters Want in a Good Candidate
Economists estimate that between 12.6 and 26 million Americans are currently out of work. These numbers are significantly lower than at the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, but they’re still incredibly high.
If you’re unemployed and trying to land your next gig, it’s important to make sure you stand out from the crowd. An up-to-date resume and filled out LinkedIn profile can certainly help, but you also need soft skills that appeal to recruiters.
In today’s highly competitive job market, you need more than the minimum qualifications. But what skills are most important to recruiters and how do you show them off during an interview?
Here’s a look at seven skills that professional recruiters want in a good candidate:
Recruiters want to work with candidates who have a vision. If you can continuously contribute to the company and its long-term success, you’ll be invaluable. There’s a reason “where do you see yourself in five years?” is one of the most common interview questions. Think about how you’ll answer when the opportunity arises.
4. Coachability. Companies make a significant investment in the recruiting and hiring process. One study even found that on average, it costs 38% of an annual salary to train a new hire. Therefore, recruiters need to know that you’re a fast learner and willing to take instruction.
These are just a handful of the skills that professional recruiters look for in good candidates. If you’re willing to identify your weaknesses and build upon your strengths, it’s possible to make a splash, even in a highly competitive job market.
Want to make your job search even more successful? You’ve come to the right place. At AlliedHealthJobCafe we have a comprehensive job search tool and a professional profile service designed to help you find (and secure) the job of your dreams.
Whether you’re a medical lab technician, respiratory therapist, or medical technologist, take the first step toward your next position today.