Company & Position Introduction:
PrimeCare Medical of New York, Inc., recruiting on behalf of Professional Care Medical Practice PC (i.e. Professional Care) has been in operation since 1986. We are a privately owned, physician founded, nationally accredited correctional healthcare practice.
Professional Care provides comprehensive medical, mental health, & dental care services to over 80 county jails, prisons, and juvenile detention centers throughout the states of PA, MD, WV, NY, & NH; and was voted one of the Top 50 Fastest Growing Companies of 2019 & 2020 by the Central PA Business Journal.
Correctional health care is a unique, challenging, and exciting opportunity for today’s mental health professional in that it provides the ability to truly utilize all of your learned skills and knowledge on a daily basis; providing care to an under-served, diverse, and appreciative patient population.
We are currently looking for a Full-Time, Director of Behavioral Health (i.e., must be a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (i.e., LCSW) or Licensed Psychologist (Ph.D. or Psy.D.) in New York) to join our team and provide on-site mental health care at the Monroe County Jail in Rochester, NY.
This position requires 40 hours of on-site care per week (i.e., Monday’s - Friday's), during normal business hours (i.e., ~8:00a - 4:30p). This opportunity provides excellent flexibility around both your professional and personal life!
Some important key points:
- Salaries are negotiable and commensurate based on experience.
- Company-paid family health care offered (i.e., medical / prescription / dental / vision).
- Company-paid life insurance provided.
- Elective life insurance, short-term disability, and long-term disability benefits offered.
- Retirement benefits offered (i.e., 401k with discretionary company match).
- Company-paid malpractice liability insurance (including tail coverage) provided.
- Generous PTO and New York Safe & Sick Leave package provided.
- Annual licensure reimbursement provided.
- Unlimited company-paid CME technology provided, and more.
In this role the Director of Behavioral Health is responsible for the clinical monitoring, coordinating and implementing of the mental health program in accordance with NCCHC standards, and will serve as the mental health liaison between the medical unit and facility staff.
Other specific responsibilities will include:
- Providing one-to-one intervention and follow-up of inmates/patients who suffer from substance abuse.
- Providing input to facility administration regarding treatment response and progress reports of inmates/patients on a regularly scheduled basis.
- Facilitating admission and placement of certified inmates/patients in forensic and community Mental Health facilities.
- Initiating the required paper work for the inmates/patients entry.
- Monitoring all psychiatric/psychological clinical services provided.
- Monitoring and documenting treatment responses of inmates/patients and documents.
- Ensuring complete, accurate, and timely entries are made for each inmate/patient contact.
- Evaluating psychological status of inmates/patients who have been referred by a primary treatment provider.
- Monitoring standards of care in accordance with NCCHC/ACA and accepted psychiatric/psychological standards.
- Is a member of the Quality Assurance Committee and sub-committees.
- Assisting in the establishment of Quality Assurance standards and audit criteria.
- Serving as a member of various committees within the medical unit and facility as necessary.
- Developing and conducting in-service education programs according to annual in-service calendar.
- Actively assisting with the detection and prevention of inmate/patient suicide.
You will be working in a fast paced and challenging environment; therefor it is essential that the right person have a demonstrated ability to multi-task and excellent organizational skills.
Other requirements include:
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (i.e., LCSW) or Licensed Psychologist (i.e., Ph.D. or Psy.D.) in the State of New York.
- Graduate of an accredited institution of higher education, with focus/specialization in Social Work or Psychology.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of pervious supervisory/management experience.
- Experience in health care delivery system.
- Decision-making ability required.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to gain trust of patients and build a working relationship.
- Ability to work in a supportive, team-based work environment.
Professional Care is committed to managing and reducing risk in correctional health care by providing cost-effective quality health care management, continuously improving the standards of care and striving for national accreditation for all facilities.
Dedicated to correctional health care, Professional Care prides itself on our strong client relationships, as well as effective and efficient management of health care services. These attributes continue to be the hallmark of our success. With new health care contracts established regularly, opportunities for advancement and development are ample.
Professional Care utilizes a proprietary EMR system, customized to our practice and specifically designed for correctional health care. Said technology is user-friendly, intuitive, and reliable. Furthermore, we are dedicated to your long-term success and foster this by providing individually catered training to every one of our employees.
To learn why Professional Care Medical Practice PC is The Choice for Quality Correctional Healthcare, please apply today and schedule a phone interview. We can’t wait to hear from you and look forward to speaking with you about joining our Professional Care family!