PrimeCare Medical, Inc. is currently looking for a Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC) or Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) for part-time (i.e., 16 to 24 hrs/wk, Monday through Friday - during normal business hours), on-site work as a Behavioral Health Professional in the medical department at the Charles County Detention Center in La Plata, MD.
In this role the clinician is responsible for the clinical monitoring, coordinating and implementing of the mental health program in accordance with NCCHC standards and will serve as the mental health liaison between the medical unit and facility staff.
- Conduct clinical assessments based on referrals and self-referrals. Assessments include documentation of findings, including at a minimum a mental status examination and case conceptualization, diagnosis, and treatment plan. Makes referrals to psychiatry when appropriate.
- Risk assessments are to be conducted utilizing structured interviews and risk assessment tools. Inmates at risk for suicide and / or engaging in self-harm are managed utilizing existing protocols according to current policy and procedures.
- Serve as the PrimeCare Medical (PCM) mental health liaison for mental health services, outside the facility.
- Facilitates admission and placement of inmates/patients to forensic hospitals when necessary.
- Monitors all mental health services provided.
- Monitors clinical services to ensure that standards of care are in accordance with NCCHC, and accepted psychiatric/ psychological standards.
- Is a member of the Quality Assurance Committee.
- Develops and conducts in-service education programs according to annual in-service calendar.
- Collects data and prepares monthly reports, which reflect performance.
PrimeCare believes in offering a competitive compensation and a limited PTO package to all of our part-time employees!