Clinical Social Worker
Location: 20th Medical Group, 420 Polifka Drive Bldg. 1042, Shaw AFB, SC 29152
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, 0730-1630, excluding recognized holidays.
Degree: Master's degree in Social Work (MSW).
Education: Graduate from a School of Social Work fully accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE).
Certifications in addition to Basic Life Support (5.2.3): Employee will be required to attend and pass the BHOP course upon start of employment at the cost of the government.
Experience: As required to meet clinical competency requirements specified in the Service-specific credentialing instructions.
Board Certification (188.8.131.52.4): None
Licensure/Registration: Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker.
• Coordinate appropriate referrals to community and other Government agencies for services.
• Independently assess the psychosocial functioning and needs of patients and their family members and formulate and implement a treatment plan, identifying the patient’s problems, strengths, weaknesses, coping skills and assistance needed, in collaboration with the patient, family and interdisciplinary treatment team.
• Independently conduct psychosocial assessments and provide psychosocial treatment to a wide variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural, ethnic, educational and other diverse backgrounds.
• Use medical and mental health diagnoses, disabilities and treatment procedures. This includes acute, chronic and traumatic illnesses/injuries, common medications and their effects/side effects, and medical terminology.
• Implement treatment modalities in working with individuals, families and groups who are experiencing a variety of psychiatric, medical and social problems to achieve treatment goals.
• Independently provide counseling and/or psychotherapy services to individuals, groups, couples, and families. Must practice within the bounds of the license or certification.
• Provide consultation services to other staff about the psychosocial needs of patients and the impact of psychosocial problems on health care and compliance with treatment.
• Participate in professional peer review case conferences, research studies, or other organizations required at the MTF.
Akahi Associates Services
Akahi Services is a premier provider of healthcare workers to various military treatment facilities across the United States. With a corporate office in Honolulu, Hawaii and recruiting office in San Antonio, Texas we specialize in providing skilled, trained and highly successful healthcare workers, including RNs, CRNAs, Physicians, LPN/LVN, Licensed Social Workers, and many more.
We have a strong focus on providing our government customer with quality and superior service.
Akahi Services is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click the link below to view the EEOIs The Law poster.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Only qualified individuals who are being considered will be contacted for an interview