Seeking a full time Social Worker to join a great team! This position will be working for a luxury senior living facility located about 20 minutes west of Boston.
-This is a full time/permanent role offering full benefits
POSITION SUMMARY (Scope/Purpose):
The Social Worker will assist in planning, organizing, implementing, evaluating, and directing the overall operation of Social Services in our state of the art skilled nursing facility, in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines and regulations, our established policies and procedures, and as directed by the Director, Resident Care Management, to assure that the medically related emotional needs of the residents are being met. The Social Worker must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written and have the ability to communicate well with the public, and have the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality. The Social Worker reports directly to the Director, Resident Care Management.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in social work and have as a minimum, 3 - 5 years’ social work experience in a health care setting working directly with aging adults.
- Must enjoy working with aging adults.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Master’s degree in social work.
- MA Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
1. Proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
JOB SPECIFIC DUTIES:
- Complies with standards and guidelines of accredited and regulatory agencies. Exhibits a high level of initiative, accuracy, diplomacy, and self-direction.
- Keep abreast of current federal and state regulations, as well as professional standards, and makes recommendations on changes in policies and procedures to the Director, Resident Care Management.
- Perform administrative requirements, such as completing necessary forms, reports, etc.
- Maintain a quality working relationship with the medical profession and other health related facilities and organizations.
- Assist in standardizing the methods in which work will be accomplished.
- Actively participate in facility surveys (inspections) made by authorized government agencies.
- Understand the importance of Person Centered (PC) Language and demonstrate the use encouraging members to use PC Language.
Job Specific Requirements:
- Assist in planning, developing, organizing, implementing, evaluating, and directing social service programs the facility
- Conducts family discussion groups and provides reports to the Director, Resident Care Management.
- Maintains compliance with grievance policy and procedures.
- Maintains compliance with MDS schedule requirements and documents accordingly.
- Participates in community planning related to the interests of the facility and the services and needs of the resident and family.
- Participates in discharge planning; development and implementation of social care plans and resident assessments.
- Conducts private interviews with residents and families to complete the psychosocial assessment, obtains social history and formulates a social care plan.
- Assist in arranging transportation to other facilities when necessary.
- Refer resident/families to appropriate social service agencies when the facility does not provide the services to meet the needs of the resident.
- Provide information to resident/families as to Medicare, Medicaid, and other financial assistance programs available to the resident.
- Provide consultation to our team members, community agencies, etc., in efforts to solve the needs and problems of the resident through the development of social service programs.
- Coordinate social service activities with other departments as necessary.
- Make written and oral reports/recommendations to the Administrator concerning the operation of the social service department.
- Evaluate social and family information and assist in determining plans for treatment.
- Consult and interpret social, psychological, and emotional needs of the resident/family to the medical team members, attending physician, and other resident care team members.
- Assist in obtaining resources from community social, health and welfare agencies to meet the needs of the resident.
- Ensure that all charted progress notes are informative and descriptive of the services provided and of the resident's response to the service. Ascertain the social care plan is being followed
- Involve the resident/family in planning objectives and goals for the resident.
- Meet with administration, medical and nursing team members, as well as other related departments in planning social service programs and activities.
Care Plan and Assessment Functions:
- Accurate and timely completion of the MDS.
- Assist in developing preliminary and comprehensive assessments of the social service needs of each resident.
- Assist in developing a written plan of care (preliminary and comprehensive) for each resident that identifies the problems/needs of the resident and the goals to be accomplished for each problem/need identified.
- Encourage the resident/family to participate in the development and review of his/her plan of care.
- Assist in the scheduling of IDC meetings and facilitate a positive and informative discussion and sharing of information.
- Ensure that all team members are aware of the care plan and that care plans are used in providing daily social services to the resident.
- Review and revise care plans and assessments as necessary, but at least quarterly.
- Develop and maintain a good rapport with all service providers involved with the care plan to ensure that a team effort is achieved in developing a comprehensive plan of care.
For more information please submit your resume. You can also send it directly to [Register to View]
JOB ID: KD7645