Seeking a full time Senior LCSW to join a great team in Long Island!
Our company provides the highest quality of comprehensive primary, preventative and behavioral health services to all who see it, regardless of insurance status and ability to pay, especially for the underserved and vulnerable. A Federally Qualified, Non-Profit Health Center serving communities in Suffolk, Rockland, Orange, Dutchess, Ulster, Sullivan, Columbia and Westchester County. We are currently seeking a full-time Senior Social Worker to join our team in Shirley.
The Senior Social Worker provides crisis intervention, biopsychosocial assessments, individual, family and group counseling and/or case management services to HIV positive patients, their partners, caregivers and family members, as well as other patients with issues related to chronic illness, aging, maternity, domestic violence or other social problems. Performs job duties in compliance with systems and job specific standards.
Essential duties and responsibilities of the Senior Social Worker:
- Provides a comprehensive mental health intake/assessment for all new patients referred by primary care provider or other service provider for medical and/or social/emotional issues
- Performs a mental status exam on all new Mental Health patients and reviews with psychiatrist/primary care provider
- Serve as a care manager for patients in the Impact Model
- Refers those in need of other or more intensive types of mental health and/or case management services to appropriate sources, including psychiatric evaluations
- Provides individual, group and family counseling to patients and their families
- Provides crisis intervention/emergency evaluations to patients when required.
- Provides appropriate follow-up on referred patients
- Works collaboratively with local providers at the health centers to ensure continuity of care
- Ensures program’s clinical services are in compliance with grants, funding sources and The Joint Commission standards
- Participates in and/or facilitates case conferences within the agency and with external organizations
- Maintains data and case records as required and prepares necessary reports
- Provides creative prevention services to individuals at risk of infection and other chronic medical conditions or negative health or social factors
- Develops treatment plans with patients and/or family members in a timely manner
- Responsible for the accurate and timely completion of clinical documentation in patient records
Minimum Education Requirement:
- Master's Degree (MSW)
Minimum Work Related Experience:
- 2-4 years of experience
Preferred Work Related Experience:
- 5-8 years of experience
Minimum Requirement for Licensure/ Certification/Registration:
- Valid LCSW Certification
- CPR Certification
- Ability to communicate in English, both orally and written
- Demonstrated HIV, Substance Abuse, Gerontology and/or Medical Social Work background
- Demonstrated competence in working effectively as a member of an interdisciplinary professional team, supported by professional references .
- Knowledge of HIV/AIDS related issues, as well as basic social work skills of engagement, assessment and case management to support patients with any biopsychosocial issues
- Bi-lingual (Spanish speaking) strongly preferred
We offer a competitive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, Life and AD&D insurance, ongoing training opportunities and a wellness program.
If you are interested in learning more information please submit your resume. You can also send it directly to [Register to View]
JOB ID: KD3