Surgical Tech Opening in Stamford, CT!
We are seeking an experienced Surgical Tech to join our growing team!Job Description
Do you enjoy interacting with patients/customers? Are you seeking an organization that values and promotes growth? Does playing a key role in the experience of patients and families interest you? Are you passionate about making a difference in your profession and community? Do want to be a part of an organization that recognizes individual talents and the importance of team? Are you interest in innovated systems such as the Da Vinci Surgical System? If the answer is “Yes” apply today and join our team as a Surgical Technician.
Our health system is seeking a talented Surgical Technician candidate that have broad knowledge and experience (1-2 yrs minimum). The positions are Full Time (37.5 hrs/weekly) Evening shift (3pm-11pm) position. The individual will work under the direct supervision of the RN in assisting the surgical team by acting as the primary scrub person who handles instruments, supplies and other related equipment during surgical procedures.Required Skills
- Respects and protects the patient’s rights to confidentiality and privacy and discloses information only for professional purposes which are in the patient’s best interests with full consideration of their legal rights.
- Provides safe patient care by verifying patient identification and assuring the presence of the necessary instrumentation, supplies, equipment, and implants.
- Adhere to aseptic practices to protect patients from injury, minimize wound contamination and reduce patient risk for surgical site infection.
- Applies basic knowledge of anatomy and physiology, medical terminology, microbiology and pharmacology for optimal surgical patient care.
- Maintains knowledge of surgical techniques, instrumentation, equipment and supplies necessary for procedures.
- Comply with established personal protective equipment requirements necessary for protection against exposure to blood and other potentially infectious body fluids, chemical disinfectants and other hazardous substances.
- Demonstrates the ability to problem solve in relation to the procedure being performed and respond appropriately to emergencies or changes in procedure.
- Demonstrates attention to detail and anticipates surgeon’s needs when scrubbed on any surgical procedure.
- Assumes responsibility for accurate sponge, sharp and instrument counts, correct medication labeling on the sterile field and correct handling and labeling of specimens.
- Diploma or certificate of completion from an accredited Surgical Technologist program or equivalent.
- BLS certification required.
- Certification in Surgical Technology (required).
- Minimum of 1-2 years required.