At National Staffing Solutions, we have the privilege and honor of working with dedicated healthcare professionals that make a positive impact in aiding those needing healthcare services across the U.S. every day.
It is our passion, drive and integrity that enables us to continue our focus in assisting remarkable healthcare professionals like yourself in solidifying the best career opportunities available to you.
We’re currently seeking a Certified Surgical First Assistant to join our amazing team.
Details of the Certified Surgical First Assistant opening:
- Anticipated start date: ASAP
- Salary range: Commensurate with experience
- Anticipated duration of assignment: 13 weeks
- Anticipated schedule: Day Shifts
- Enjoy peace of mind knowing you can elect Day One Medical Benefits
Daily Range of Responsibilities of the Certified Surgical First Assistant:
- Positioning the patient for surgery and aiding with draping
- Clearing the area where the surgeon will operate and holding open incisions by using tissue retractors, sponges, or operating suction or irrigation equipment
- Selecting and passing instruments and supplies during an operation
- Stopping bleeding by sponging, clamping, tying, or cauterizing vessels, or suturing tissue layers as directed by the surgeon
- Applying dressings to surgical wounds
- Counting sponges, needles, and other materials before and after the operation
- Closing the incision at the end of the procedure
Qualifications for the Certified Surgical First Assistant:
- High school graduate or equivalent desired.
- Certification from Technical School in Operating Room Technician preparatory program or Surgical Technician preparatory program.
- Current State licensure or license eligible in States where applicable.
- Completion of an accredited surgical first assistant program.
- One or more year(s) of current experience in a comparable or equivalent job classification required.
- Active Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) for HealthCare Workers or Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification for HealthCare workers.
- Compliant with HIPAA regulations; maintains strict confidentiality of client information.
- Compliant with Infection Control, Standard Precautions and OSHA standards for the healthcare professional.
Submit your resume to us today for consideration of the Certified Surgical First Assistant opening and one of our dedicated recruiters will be in touch within 24 business hours.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.