Critical Access Hospital in Scenic New Mexico Hiring Surgical Technologist!
- Located near the Gila National forest this is a great area for those who enjoy spending time outside
- Within a few hour drive of Tucson and Phoenix Arizona
- Job Responsibilities:
- Assures that all equipment and supplies are ready and available for the scheduled surgical procedure.
- Utilizes proper aseptic technique, monitors for possible contamination, makes corrections as needed and follows direction from the RN regarding correcting breaks in sterile technique. Displays a strong surgical conscience.
- Handles all supplies, equipment and instruments appropriately at the conclusion of the operative procedure.
- Correctly completes cleaning and/or sterile processing of instruments/equipment.
- Assists, as directed by the registered nurse with patient preparation and discharge.
- Utilizes safe patient care and work practice to minimize the potential injury to patients, fellow caregivers, and self. Utilizes PPE in daily practice including eye protection, gloves, cover gowns etc.
- Ensures that needed supplies and equipment are ready and available. Utilizes supplies appropriately. Minimizes waste.
- Completes end of day activities of putting away equipment/unused supplies and restocks room supplies, ensuring room readiness for following day or emergency procedures. Pulls cases as time allows.
- Maximizes effectiveness by planning and organizing daily work activities and consistently focuses on room and patient readiness to ensure a 0700 or 0730 first case start and minimum turnover times.
- Performs routine housekeeping functions in all areas of the department to facilitate room turnover and to ensure a safe, clean surgical environment.
- Assists throughout the department when needed to facilitate completion of surgical schedule.
- Practices safe work routine and reports safety and environmental hazards to appropriate person. Utilizes proper channels of communication.
- Adheres to hospital infection control policies and OSHA and regulatory guidelines.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to respond to hospital and departmental policy to fire drills, codes, etc.
- Attends 75% of departmental meetings and participates in department quality assurance problem identification and resolution. Helps with development of standards and policies. Acts as a mentor for students and new caregivers.
- Reports on and off duty as scheduled. Takes call as assigned.
For more information please send your resume directly to [Register to View]