Seeking experienced Certified Surgical Tech outside of Austin, TX
Join one of the largest health systems in Texas
With 171 beds, the hospital’s comprehensive services include advanced cardiac care at a specialized heart hospital affiliate in Austin —the first specialized cardiac facility in Williamson County—with the only Hybrid Operating Room (OR) in the county; as well as emergency services in a 24-hour emergency department, including advanced trauma care with a Level II Trauma Center.
Under the direct supervision of the Registered Nurse, the surgical team through case preparation, surgical assistance, and after care of operating room patients, equipment and supplies. The technician also participates in unit activities.
- Assists in delivery of patient care.
- Assembles and prepares for procedures; Participates in performance of procedures.
- Assists with procedure completion.
- Assists with delivery of age appropriate care to patients.
- Assists in maintaining a clean, orderly, and safe environment.
- Insures availability of safe instruments and equipment.
- Returns equipment and supplies appropriately to contamination to proper storage following completion of procedure.
- Consistently demonstrates efficiency and timelines during case turnover.
- Participates in performance improvement (quality assurance).
- Takes appropriate action to prevent/manage accidents in the area.
- Participates in budget and inventory control.
- Updates procedure cards when changes are necessary.
- Participates in staff and self-development.
Required: Completion of accredited Surgical Technologist Program and successfully completed certification exam; or a minimum of (6) years of recent experience as a surgical technician with demonstrated competency in five or more specialties to include General, GYN, Ortho, Neuro and Plastics; good customer relations skills; effective verbal, written, and face-to-face communication skills.
For more information, please contact [Register to View] and we can go over all of the details!