Maxim Healthcare Services is currently seeking a Surgical Tech to provide services at our client site, the National Institute of Health(NIH) in Bethesda, MD. This is a long term federal contract opportunity with most contractors transitioning on to direct hire government staff.
· Excellent opportunity to gain entry into federal employment
· Rewarding experience in public service for your country
· Easy travel: federal Property allows you to work on any active, unrestricted state license
· Paid Federal Holidays, Paid Time Off
· Travel and Relocation Assistance, as applicable
The NIH Clinical Center is the world’s largest hospital devoted exclusively to clinical investigation, is the research hospital for the NIH. Its role is to support clinical research done by the 27 institutes. The clinical center is both a hospital setting with patient/participants who receive not only experimental treatments, but also the best in hospital care.
-Schedule: Full-time, no OT, Mon-Fri, 7a-3:30p
-Experience: Requires 2-3 years of OR experience, circulates and scrubs to all surgical areas
The Surgical Technician/Tissue Processing Technician is responsible for the sterilization of surgical equipment, arrange surgical equipment and adjust medical tools to ensure that the surgical devices are functioning properly.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Places equipment and supplies in operating room and arranges instruments, according to instructions
- Assists team members to place and position patient on table
- Scrubs arms and hands and dons gown and gloves
- Aids team to don gowns and gloves
- Maintains supply of fluids, such as plasma, saline, blood, and glucose for use during operation
- Hands instruments and supplies to surgeon, holds retractors, cuts sutures, and performs other tasks as directed by the surgeon during operation.
- Puts dressings on patient following surgery
- Counts sponges, needles, and instruments before and after operation
- Washes and sterilizes equipment, using germicides and sterilizers
- Cleans operating room
- Performs other duties as assigned/necessary
- Surgical Technologist certification as applicable per state and/or client requirement
- One year experience as a Surgical Technician preferred (Tissue Processing Technologist – only) Prefer a degree in biology related field which includes a degree / certification as a Surgical Technologist
- Current CPR card
- Current PPD or Chest X-Ray
- Ability to effectively elicit/provide information to and from appropriate individuals (including, but not limited to, supervisors, co-workers, clients) via strong communication skills; proficiency in the English language may be required
- Computer proficiency required
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age