Full-time Surgical Tech needed at a top hospital in western Idaho!
(Reference Code: KAM)
The OR Scrub Tech maintains a proper sterile field during surgical procedures and provides technical assistance to surgeons, surgical nurses, or anesthesiologists. The OR Scrub Tech hands instruments and supplies to surgeons and surgeons' assistants, holds retractors and cut sutures, and performs other tasks as directed by the surgeon during operation. The OR Scrub Tech prepares patients for surgery, including positioning patients on the operating table and covering them with sterile surgical drapes to prevent exposure. This role assists the surgical team in scrubbing and putting on gloves, masks, and surgical clothing and washes and sterilizes equipment, using germicides and sterilizers. This position monitors and continually assesses operating room conditions, including patient and surgical team needs and prepares dressings or bandages and may apply or assist with their application following surgery.
* Surgical Technologist certification
* Current BCLS certification
* One year of hospital experience preferred
* Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
* Basic knowledge in computer use; including email and electronic documentation
* Intermediate math skills including algebra equivalent logic and reasoning required for dosage calculations
* Ability to maintain and follow guidelines, set standards of practice in quality patient care, and state, federal, and facility required infection control practices
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits!
For more information, please submit your resume for me to review.