Seeking a Full-Time Surgical Technologist!
This medical team is committed to caring for the whole person in mind, body, and spirit. They provide the patient with the absolute finest in care, from prevention and wellness, to diagnosis, treatment, and ongoing support. They believe that to heal is to make whole. They are a physician-led, professionally managed and quality-driven multi-specialty practice with more than 30 offices in lower Fairfield County.
Are you seeking an organization that values and promotes growth? Does playing a key role in the experience of patients and families interest you? Are you passionate about making a difference in your profession and community? Do you want to be pat of an organization that recognized individual talents and importance of team?
This medical center is seeking a talented Surgical Technician that has broad knowledge and experience (1-2 years minimum). The positions vary and the opportunities are tremendous. Schedule flexibility is critical to the role. The individual will work under the direct supervision of the RN in assisting the surgical team by acting as the primary scrub person who handles instruments, supplies and other related equipment during surgical procedures.
- Respects and protects the patient's rights to confidentiality and privacy and discloses information only for professional purposes which are in the patient's best interests with full consideration of their legal rights.
- Provides safe patient care by verifying patient identification and assuring the presence of the necessary instrumentation, supplies, equipment, and implants
- Adhere to aseptic practices to protect patients from injury, minimize wound contamination and reduce patient risk for surgical site infection
- Applies basic knowledge of anatomy and physiology, medical terminology, microbiology and pharmacology for optimal surgical patient care.
- Assumes responsibility for accurate sponge, sharp and instrument counts, correct medication labeling on the sterile field and correct handing and labeling of specimens
- Diploma or certificate of completion from an accredited Surgical Technologist program or equivalent
- BLS certification required
- Certification in Surgical Technology (required)
- Minimum of 1-2 years required