This job is archived
Maxim Government Services (MGS) is currently seeking a Surgical Technologist to provide services in the Operating Room at the VA Medical Center in West Roxbury, MA. This is an excellent opportunity to gain entry into federal employment as well as a rewarding experience serving our nation’s veterans.
- Description of Services
The Contractor shall provide two (2) Surgical Technologists to provide coverage in the Operating Room fo1·the Nursing Service of the VA Boston Healthcare System at the West Roxbury campus. Shifts covered are Monday-Friday from 7:00AM to 3:30PM, 9:00AM to 5:30PM, and 11:00AM to 7:30PM.
- Technical Duties
- The Contractor shall provide Surgical Technologist services to support the mission of the West Roxbury Operating
- The Technologist functions as a primary scrub person responsible for handling instruments, supplies, and equipment during all surgical procedures such as, but not limited to, open heart, thoracic, major vascular, neurosurgery, microsurgery, and total joint replacement Duties to include: ·
- Set up of the sterile field with all required equipment for surgical procedures such as, but not limited to, air-powered equipment, fiber optic equipment, Laparoscopic equipment, microscopes, lasers, arthroscopy equipment, urologic equipment, recording devices, and other operating room supplies and equipment;
- Plan and discuss each procedure with surgical professionals and ensure that all and equipment are available prior to the surgical procedure;
- Prepare patients for surgical procedures by assisting in moving, positioning, and prepping patients for procedures;
- Prepare, organize, and maintain highly complex sterile surgical set-ups;
- Observe and respond promptly to each stage of the surgical procedure and anticipates the needs of the surgeon by maintaining a high level of concentration for extended periods of time;
- Utilize universal precautions and follow all infection control policies and procedures when handling specimens, supplies, and equipment;
- Pass the required equipment/instruments as directed by the surgeon while maintaining an aseptic environment;
- Assist with the training of residents, medical students, nursing students, and new staff in OR procedures;
- Provide guidance to nursing assistants, health technicians, volunteers, and students in the OR;
- Keep an accurate count of medical equipment/instruments and medications dispensed to the sterile field, as well as the amount used;
- Process and prepare instrument trays and special operating room supplies for sterilization
For further information and/or to apply to this opportunity, please contact Tanisha Roundtree at [Register to View] or email your resume/CV to !