Assignment Details - General Surgical Tech - Texas:
General Surgical Tech opening is available in beautiful Dallas, TX!
We are seeking experienced Surgical Techs that are available to assist with a 13 week assignment. You will be working at a state of the art hospital renowned across texas and the nation for their medical excellence. Excellent opportunity to expand your skills and build your resume further.
If you can't help, but know of someone who is qualified, we offer referral bonuses of up to $750 for successful referral placements.
Weekly pay of: $2060 per week including non-taxed stipends for lodging, meals, and incidentals.
The successful candidate for the advanced role will have:
- A minimum of one year Surgical Tech experience.
- Surgical Technologist Certification or completion of surgical technology training program in the US Military or US Public Health Service
- Current American Heart Association or American Red Cross BLS
- High school diploma
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English
- Assists Registered Nurse Circulator by organizing, prioritizing tasks, and preparing operating room for each surgical procedure and arrival of patient in efficient and timely manner. Maintains on- going communication with Registered Nurse Circulator regarding surgical procedure and patient status.
- Provides perioperative patient care through selection, inspection, and opening of surgical supplies and equipment in timely manner according to age specific concerns for children, adolescents, adults, and older adults and physician's preference list.
- Applies standards of aseptic and sterile technique and corrects break in technique during surgical procedure. Creates and maintains sterile field with essential surgical supplies and equipment needed for surgical procedure in timely, functional, and organized manner.
- Promotes patient safety by checking all equipment for proper working order prior to surgical procedure.
- Performs sponge, sharps, and formal and inventory instrument counts with Registered Nurse Circulator at proper count intervals according to hospital policy and procedures.
- Passes surgical instruments and anticipates surgeon's needs during. surgical procedure.
- Performs surgical hand scrubs and gowns and gloves self and others.
- Cleans and prepares surgical instruments for terminal sterilization. Assists with operating room turnover.
- Leads, directs, and coordinates perioperative patient care assignments of unlicensed members of healthcare team by serving as technical subject matter person, resource person, and/or preceptor to perioperative staff rotating through specialty service. Completes written clinical performance evaluation form in timely manner.
- Organizes and prioritizes perioperative tasks based on identified need. Demonstrates competency to operate surgical instruments, supplies, and equipment. Demonstrates proficiency and independence.
- Solves minor issues of counts and errors, patient care, relationships, equipment, supplies, and environment prior to management intervention. Provides and supports efforts to develop and maintain team environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Palm Health Resources is a healthcare recruiting firm determined to provide customized recruitment solutions for the healthcare profession.
Our extensive attention to detail, experienced pool of candidates, knowledge of healthcare specialties, and industry relationships sets us apart from other firms. We take pride in our work and the proof is in our results. We believe in finding the right fit that advances careers and improves organizations. Let us focus on your placement so, you can focus on patients.
Travelers working with our firm get to benefit from our concierge support teams with dedicated experts to manage your travel/housing, payroll, and credentialing. You also have 24/7 access to your recruiter. Our firm exclusively hires experienced healthcare recruiters to ensure our candidates have a wonderful experience. We pride ourselves in offering top-end support to both our travelers and health systems alike!
To learn more about this opportunity or others like it, apply today! This position is looking to hire someone as soon as possible.