This job is archived
Maxim Healthcare Services is currently seeking Sterile Processing Technician / OR Tech (SPT/SPD) to provide services our client the VA Connecticut Healthcare System.
Monday through Friday, no weekends, no holidays, overtime or on call
Evenings – 230pm – 11pm
- Excellent opportunity to gain entry into federal employment
- Rewarding experience in public service for your country
- Easy travel: federal Property allows you to work on any active, unrestricted state license
Maxim Employee Benefits Include:
- Paid Federal Holidays, Paid Time Off, Sick Time
- Health Benefits through Blue Cross Blue Shield
- 401K Savings Plan
- Perkspot Employee Discount Program
- Employee Assistance and Work/Life Program Specialists and Counselors available 24/7
- Maxim College Partnership Program
- Direct Deposit
- Travel and Relocation Assistance, as applicable
- The Medical Supply Technicians will receive contaminated instruments and instrument sets from surgical procedures, and non- critical items from hospital wards and clinics, such as rolling stock, IV pumps, etc. and know proper cleaning and disinfection methods of each type of equipment following manufacturer’s instructions. They will have knowledge of dissembling and inspecting items for wear and tear, damage and/or missing components while decontaminating items. And will operate equipment and instruments to ensure proper functions prior to sterilization or high level disinfection.
-The technicians will assemble instrument sets and other trays by inventory sheets. Ensure proper function and testing of surgical scissors, needle holders, hinged retractors, and all ring and thumb forceps. They’ll select appropriate trays for assembling and sterilization with knowledge of proper wrapping and containerized systems for kits to be sterilized.
-They will operate and use proper type of external indicator tape and internal chemical indicators to be used for each different type of sterilization methods. Demonstrate knowledge of operating a steam sterilizer and Sterrad Plasma machines used for sterilization and knowing how to read passing parameters for each type of sterilization method. Proper knowledge of loading each type of sterilization for proper circulation and permeation of sterilizing medium is essential.
-Each technician will observe external indicator results to confirm a complete sterilization has been achieved. Confirming passing parameters have been met for each different type of sterilization method. -All technicians will properly document (must have this skill) all items sterilized and knowledge of biological indicators to be placed in incubators and the results read after incubation. Each technician must know proper labeling methods with control numbers for each item sterilized. And how to properly cool down and handle items after sterilization to ensure proper dry times have been achieved before handling. Other job duties will be to properly handle equipment and rotate first in first out method when storing of instrument kits and peel pack items.
-Must have knowledge of following SOP’s directed by manufacturer’s instructions for each task performed while at VACHS. Technicians must know how to operate all decontamination machines including washers, ultrasonic machines and high level disinfecting equipment, including automated endoscopic re-processors.
- Minimum two years of hospital experience or two years of sterile processing technician experience
- Must possess IAHCSMM certification
For further information and/or to apply to this opportunity, please contact Mallory Plotner at [Register to View] or email your resume to !