This job is archived
Reference Code: NEC0880
Speech Language Pathologist (SLP)
Our 181-bed facility is seeking motivated and compassionate Speech Language Pathologist to join our growing staff!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review request for Speech Language Pathologist and physicians' orders.
- Interview resident to determine type of treatments needed and schedule therapy, as ordered.
- Select rehabilitative and therapeutic activities and exercises based on medical and social history of residents.
- Evaluate type of therapy most desirable after consulting with physician.
- Participate in the development and implementation of resident assessments (MDS) and care plans, including quarterly reviews.
- Brief resident of procedures involved in Speech Language Pathologist and prepare necessary equipment.
- Assist in transporting resident to and from Speech Language Pathologist room or area.
- Demonstrate to residents and staff personnel the procedures involved in the treatment process, as necessary.
- Perform Speech Language Pathologist in resident's room, as necessary.
- Reassure resident before and during therapy treatment.
- Prepare resident for treatment by dress or position and administer Speech Language Pathologist in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Instruct and supervise resident during therapy.
- Recommend modifications and changes in the resident's therapy treatment, as indicated.
- Ensure that all pathologist notes are informative and descriptive of the care provided and of the resident's response to the care.
- Must possess, as a minimum, a Bachelor's Degree in Speech Language Pathologist from an accredited college or university.
- Must have training in rehabilitative and restorative therapy practices.
- Must possess a current, unencumbered license to practice as a Speech Language Pathologist in this state
- Must obtain and maintain CFY/CCC certification from the American Speech Language Hearing Association
For consideration please send resumes to