This job is archived
Licensed Clinical Social Worker – Full-Time – San Antonio, TX
Place of Performance: Joint Base San Antonio - Reid Clinic – Lackland AFB, TX
Hours of Performance: 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM Monday through Friday. However, CP will be scheduled for a 9-hour shift (i.e.: 7:30am – 4:30pm) within that timeframe, to include a 1-hour non-paid lunch each day, not to exceed 40 hours per week
Start Date: Immediate
- Degree: Master’s degree in Social Work (MSW)/ Graduate from a School of Social Work fully accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE).
- Experience: One Year within the past two in a Mental Health setting
- Licensure: Current, full, active and unrestricted license from ANY state to practice as a therapist
- BLS for the Healthcare Provider: Candidate must be willing to obtain a BLS card prior to starting
- Support and assess individuals in training status with emotional disabilities or behavioral problems.
- Formulate treatment plans for various mental health issues, particularly autism, brain injuries, and developmental disabilities.
- Monitor progress of individuals under their care.
- Observing clients, behavior analysts take note of social and developmental behaviors.
- Coordinate appropriate referrals to community and other Government agencies for service.
- Independently assess the psychosocial functioning and needs of patients and formulate and implement a treatment plan, identifying the patient’s problems, strength, weaknesses, coping skills and assistance needed, in collaboration with the patient and interdisciplinary treatment team.
- Independently conduct psychosocial assessments and provide psychosocial treatment to a wide variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural, ethnic, educational and other diverse backgrounds.
- Use medical and mental health diagnoses, disabilities and treatment procedures.
- This includes acute, chronic and traumatic illnesses/injuries, common medications and their effects/side effects, and medical terminology.
- Implement treatment modalities in working with individuals, who are experiencing a variety of psychiatric, medical and social problems to achieve treatment goals.
- Independently provide counseling and/or psychotherapy services. Must practice within the bounds of the license or certification.
- Provide consultation services to other staff about the psychosocial needs of patients and the impact of psychosocial problems on health care and compliance with treatment.
- Participate in professional peer review case conferences, research studies, or other organizations required at the MTF