The Licensed Clinical Social Worker shall participate in the Embedded Mental Health program by providing recognition, treatment, and management of psychosocial/behavioral problems and conditions. The scope and responsibilities of this position shall include targeted assessment and evaluation, including diagnostic impressions and functional status focused on the presenting problem/issue.
- Possess a Doctorate or Master's degree in Social Work (MSW) from a School of Social Work fully accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE).
- Possess a minimum of two years of experience working in the Mental Health field including clinical experience within the past two years.
- Possess a current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker.
- Coordinate appropriate referrals to community and other government agencies for services.
- Independently assess the psychosocial functioning and needs of patients and formulate and implement a treatment plan, identifying the patient’s problems, strengths, weaknesses, coping skills and assistance needed, in collaboration with the Command, patient, family and interdisciplinary treatment team.
- Independently conduct psychosocial assessments and provide psychosocial treatment to a wide variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural, ethnic, educational and other diverse backgrounds.
- Within the scope of clinical privileges shall make medical and mental health diagnoses, identify disabilities and perform treatment procedures. This shall include acute, chronic and traumatic illnesses/injuries diagnoses, identifying common medications and their effects/side effects, and understanding medical terminology.
- Implement treatment modalities in working with individuals, families and groups who are experiencing a variety of psychiatric, medical and social problems to achieve treatment goals.
- Independently provide counseling and/or psychotherapy services to individuals, groups, couples, and families. Must practice within the bounds of the license or certification.
- Provide consultation services to other staff about the psychosocial needs of patients and the impact of psychosocial problems on health care and compliance with treatment.
- Participate in professional peer review case conferences and research studies, as required at the location of performance.
- Provide crisis assessment and safety planning.
AKAHI ASSOCIATES LLC
AKAHI Associates is a premier provider of healthcare workers to various military treatment facilities across the United States. With a corporate office in Honolulu, Hawaii and recruiting office in San Antonio, Texas we specialize in providing skilled, trained and highly successful healthcare workers, including RNs, CRNAs, Physicians, LPN/LVN, Licensed Social Workers, and many more.
We have a strong focus on providing our government customers with quality and superior service.
Akahi Associates is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click the link below to view the EEO Is The Law poster.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Only qualified individuals who are being considered will be contacted for an interview.