This job is archived
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:The Licensed Clinical Medical Social Worker is responsible for the implementation of standards of care for medical social work services.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assesses the psychosocial status of patients related to the patient’s illness and environment and communicates findings to the registered nurse.
- Carries out social evaluations and plans intervention based on evaluation findings.
- Maintains clinical records on all patients referred to social work.
- Provides information and referral services for Organization patients and families/caregivers regarding practical and environmental needs.
- Provides information to patients or families/caregivers and community agencies.
- Serves as liaison between patients or families/caregivers and community agencies.
- Maintains collaborative relationships with Organization personnel to support patient care.
- Maintains and develops contracts with public and private agencies as resources for patient and organization personnel.
- Participates in in-service education programs.
- Participates in the development of the total plan of care and case conferences as required.
- Assists physician and other team members in understanding significant social and emotional factors related to health problems.
- Participates in discharge planning.
- Other duties as delegated by the Clinical Director/Supervisor.
- Master of Social Work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
- LCSW - Valid license as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) issued by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences.
- Minimum of one year's experience in healthcare.
- Experience in a home healthcare preferred.
- Demonstrates good verbal and written communication, and organization skills.
- Possesses and maintains current CPR certification.
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state/or organization requirements and is in good working order.
- Able to read/speak/write/translate English and Spanish and or Mandarin Cantonese fluently required.
Senior healthcare Recruiter
406 417 [Register to View]