This job is archived
Our Master’s level Social Worker independently assesses, diagnoses and treats patients from a clinical and psychosocial perspective and provides group and family therapeutic interventions, and makes professional judgments of clinical and psychosocial needs. Advocates for patients. Functions independently to coordinate all aspects of discharge and educates self as to relevant legal issues related to patient care. Keeps current with developments in clinical approaches, negotiates effective communication between the recovery team and families, guardians and community providers.ass="iCIMS_InfoMsg iCIMS_InfoField_Job">Qualifications
Education for Social Worker:
- Master’s Degree in Social Work or Mental Health Counseling is required
Experience for Social Worker:
- Two (2) years of experience with the severe and persistent mentally ill is preferred
Licenses/Certifications for Social Worker:
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker or Mental Health Counselor
- Provides individualized care and treatment that is consistent with age and life span developmental needs of each patient.
- Develops bio-psychosocial summaries, develops and implements interventions for barriers to discharge, coordinates all discharge planning and related documentation. Advocates and negotiates with internal and external statewide systems on behalf of patients consistent with professional conduct and standards.
- Independently provides all care activities and appropriately seeks direction for unusual situations. Provides crisis intervention and assists families in understanding the complexities of mental illness.
- Utilizes patient contact as opportunities for empowering therapeutic interventions.
- Consistently attends and represents clinical needs of patients during community meetings and recovery team meetings. Conducts professional assessment of family needs and provides family therapy as clinically determined. Provides counseling and facilitates therapeutic groups in accordance with patient’s recovery plan objectives and needs.
- The above responsibilities are a highlight of responsibilities and not a full list. Other responsibilities may be performed as assigned.
CCS is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer