Duty hours will be from 5:45am - 5:45pm or 5:45pm - 5:45am on a panama schedule. Will be scheduled for up to 16 shifts per month.
- Degree/Education: Associates Degree Graduate from a program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Respiratory Care (CoARC) or Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP)
- Licensure/Registration: Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) by the National Board Respiratory Care (NBRC)
- Certification in Addition to Basic Life Support: Possess current certification for Advanced Life Support (ALS or Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP)
- Experience: Minimum of one year of experience as a Respiratory Therapist within the last 36 months following graduation.
- Candidate must be fully vaccinated for COVID 19 and able to provide documentation of such to perform in this position except in cases where is it is excluded by any applicable laws and/or approved accommodations. There must be a two week period after the last vaccination to be considered fully vaccinated.
- Assists physician with transesophageal and stress echocardiography ,and radionuclide and thallium studies.
- Operates and maintains specialized equipment to evaluate respiratory functions, and respiratory physiology.
- Performs spirometry, flow volume loops, lung volumes, diffusion capacities, and closing volumes.
- Draws and analyzes arterial blood gas samples.
- Maintains quality control of arterial blood gas machines and CO oximeters, including proficiency testing.
- Performs broncho-provovation and exercise testing.
- Assists physician with fiberoptic bronchoscopy for diagnosis and therapy.
- Under orders of a physician, administers respiratory care such as oxygen and aerosol therapy, mechanical ventilator management, and preparation and administration of respiratory medications.
- Assists physician within tubation and extubation procedures. Performs endotracheal tube care. Maintains patient airway.
- Ensures bronchial hygiene through incentive spirometry and specialized breathing instructions.
- Prepares and instructs patient to use equipment or perform procedure.
- Checks patient and equipment, and changes, cleans, and properly stores equipment.
- Monitors data display on physiological equipment, and obtain and records vital signs.
- Performs cardio pulmonary resuscitation (CPR).
AKAHI ASSOCIATES LLC
AKAHI Associates is a premier provider of healthcare workers to various military treatment facilities across the United States. With a corporate office in Honolulu, Hawaii and recruiting office in San Antonio, Texas we specialize in providing skilled, trained and highly successful healthcare workers, including RNs, CRNAs, Physicians, LPN/LVN, Licensed Social Workers, and many more.
We have a strong focus on providing our government customers with quality and superior service.
Akahi Associates is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click the link below to view the EEO Is The Law poster.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Only qualified individuals who are being considered will be contacted for an interview.