Full-time Respiratory Therapist needed at a top facility in Texas!
(Reference Code: KAM)
Monday through Friday (7pm - 7am)
The Respiratory Therapist, under the supervision of the Respiratory Care Supervisor and upon the request of the Physician, sets up and operates various types of respiratory care, electrocardiographs, and EEG equipment to be utilized in the diagnosis and treatment of respiratory and cardiac diseases, and/or illnesses of patients of all ages, from newborn through geriatrics.
Duties include: Assessing patients and recommending respiratory therapy treatments, planning, preparing and administering respiratory therapy treatments including IPPB, aerosol, chest physical therapy, incentive spiromety, in accordance with established policies and procedures. The therapist must also be able to perform diagnostic pulmonary and cardiac testing, record patient treatments, response and progress, inspect, test, maintain, and operate respiratory therapy and EKG equipment. Respond to “Code Blue” calls and assists by maintaining the patient’s airway and performing CPR. Maintains 12 CEU’s per year, and attends Departmental Meetings.
- Registered or Certified by the National Board of Respiratory Care. Satisfactory completion of training as a registered or certified Respiratory Therapist, or appropriately trained licensed nurse.
- Current BLS, ACLS, NRP certification required; PALS preferred.
- One or more current years of experience preferred.
- Considerable judgment in the application of protocols and procedures. Ability to identify unusual or specific problems, either with patients or equipment.
- Must be able to successfully pass requires exams.
- Must be able to provide care to patients of all ages; neonates through geriatric.
- Demonstrates teamwork, self-direction, and teaching skills.
- Bi-Lingual Providers highly preferred
Offering competitive compensation, shift deferential, and complete benefits!!
For more information, please submit your resume for review or email it to me directly: [Register to View]