Full-time Respiratory Therapist needed at a top facility in eastern Ohio!
(Reference Code: KAM)
Respiratory Care Practitioner, RRT
36 hours/week, 7p - 7:30a
Overview of position: Delivers patient care and diagnostic testing according to professional practice standards, while providing support for Genesis HealthCare System divisions. Reviews existing clinical data, collects or recommends obtaining additional pertinent clinical data. Evaluates all data to determine the appropriateness of the prescribed respiratory care plan, and participates in the development of the respiratory care plan.
- Reviews data in the patient record and recommends diagnostic procedures.
- Collects and evaluates clinical information.
- Performs procedures and reports results, determine appropriateness of and participate in developing and recommending modifications to respiratory care plans: spirometry, co-oximetry; ABG sampling and analysis; pressure-volume, flow-volume loops, and cuff pressure.
- Selects and obtains equipment, and assures equipment cleanliness.
- Performs quality control procedures for: blood analysis devices; diagnostic equipment; ventilator volume/flow/pressure calibration; gas metering devices.
- Conducts therapeutic procedures to maintain a patent airway, adequate ventilation, oxygenation and remove bronchopulmonary secretions.
- Evaluates and monitors patient’s response to respiratory care and recommends modifications in therapeutic procedures.
- Demonstrates ability to identify when to accept and refer complex issues to the next level in order to facilitate problem resolution.
- Provides clinical direction to respiratory staff throughout the shift of duty and area of responsibility when assigned charge.
- Demonstrates proficiency with clinical knowledge in order to be a resource person for new employees.
- Assembles and assures cleanliness of equipment. Checks equipment for malfunctions and corrects as necessary.
- Identifies and completes additional project(s) as assigned by management.
* Graduate of a respiratory program recognized by J.R.C.R.T.
* BLS required. NRP required, or must obtain within six (6) months of hire.
* Current certification through National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) or must obtain within six (6) months of hire.
* Currently licensed R.C.P. by the State of Ohio.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to read, write and explain or describe moderately complex information to other hospital staff and patients.
* Attention to detail and ability to organize and prioritize under pressure.
* Displays common sense and ability to make quick decisions.
* Experience with therapeutic skills, airway management and diagnostic testing.
Offering competitive compensation, complete benefits, and relocation assistance!!
For more information, please submit your resume for review or email it to me directly: [Register to View]