Full-time Respiratory Therapist needed in Southern Wisconsin!
(Reference Code: KAM)
JOB SUMMARY: Administers respiratory therapy and life support to patients with cardiopulmonary deficiencies and or abnormalities, under the direction of the physician by an order or by following protocol, by performing the following duties:
- Evaluates patient status, assesses, and assigns therapy objectives.
- Determines requirements for treatment such as type and duration of therapy, medication, and dosages.
- Determines most suitable method of administering treatments, precautions to be observed, and modifications which may be needed that will be compatible with physician's orders.
- Sets up and operates equipment such as mechanical ventilators, CPAP or BIPAP machines, oxygen tanks, etc.
- Monitors patient's physiological responses to therapy.
- Educates patients.
- Performs ventilator management, airway management, and responds to Code 55 pages.
- Performs stat, emergent procedures as necessary.
- Performs pulmonary function screens.
- Observes equipment function and adjusts equipment to obtain optimum results to therapy. Consults with physician in event of adverse reactions.
- Documents in patient's chart pertinent information related to treatment given.
- Inspects and tests respiratory therapy equipment to ensure equipment is functioning safely and efficiently.
- Orders repairs when needed.
- Demonstrates respiratory care procedures to trainees and other health care personnel.
* Graduate of an approved Respiratory Therapist Program Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school.
* Respiratory Licensed in state of practice Registered or registry eligible through the National Board of Respiratory Therapy Approved CPR or BLS certification Neonatal Resuscitation (NRP) within 30 days
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits!
For more information, please submit your resume for review.