This job is archived
- Must be registered by the ARDMS, RVT, RDCS, or any other accredited ultrasound registry.
- Must be registered by ARRT if required to work in the role of Radiologic Technologist or other specialized modality, multiple modalities preferred. Proficiency in or willing to learn general, OB, GYN, and small body part ultrasound. Current BLS certification required. Registry eligible candidates will be eligible for hire but must be RDMS or RDCS certified within one year of employment.
- Willing to train qualified candidates who demonstrate the ability to learn technical aspect of ultrasound cross-sectional anatomy and physics of ultrasound.
REQUIRED JOB KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Two years’ Ultrasound experience required. Ability to lift, move and position patients.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Must demonstrate skills to operate all equipment required in the course of performing ultrasound procedures.
- Must demonstrate thorough knowledge of cross-sectional anatomy, principles of ultrasound theory and quality assurance.
- Must maintain a high degree of accuracy in the production, use, recognition and analysis of ultrasound images and patterns used for patient diagnosis and treatment.
- Must possess, use and maintain knowledge about bioeffects of high-frequency sound waves.