Seeking a full time Radiologic Technologist to join a great team in Northern Virginia!
If you would like to join a dynamic team dedicated to best-in-class quality and service excellence, we would like to speak with you.
Under the supervision of the appropriate Chief/Senior Technologist and/or Center Director, performs imaging procedures to assist in the diagnosis of disease and injuries and support general operations of the office. This is a non-exempt hourly position.
Position Reporting Relationship:
- Responsible to the Medical Director for clinical and other relevant issues.
- Responsible to the Regional VP through the respective Chief/Senior Technologist and/or Center Director
RESULTS MEASURED BY THE FOLLOWING RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform radiographic and other imaging procedures as prescribed by a physician. Instruct patients as to the proper physiological requirements for the procedure. May be required to prepare and administer barium to patients. Ascertain area of injury or a patient’s symptoms to assist the physician in reporting the proper diagnosis.
- Must be able to recognize reactions to contrast media and be ready to intervene when necessary by administering CPR.
- Assure all necessary consent forms are signed prior to performing examinations. Correctly process pertinent exam related information including data entry as directed. Should be familiar with the operation of the clerical and reception areas of the office and assist when needed, including the management of patient records and files.
- Actively participate in the quality assurance monitoring and recording efforts of the office.
- Reduce radiation exposure to patients to a minimum to the patient, staff and self by understanding and utilizing proper technical factors, collimation, and shielding without jeopardizing the diagnostic study.
- Must be thoroughly knowledgeable about and comply with the policies and procedures of the Corporation.
- Report any equipment and maintenance problems to the appropriate persons regarding equipment operation, malfunctions, etc., and perform preventative/corrective maintenance as needed.
- Take initiative for professional advancement through personal assessment of strengths and weaknesses and develop action plan with supervisors to improve their skills.
- May be assigned to perform or assist with the performance of general radiographic procedures, as directed and qualified. Maintain a clean and orderly work area and comply with OSHA regulations at all times.
- Must maintain confidentiality when dealing with all patient information and Corporate business following HIPAA guidelines.
- Communicate courteously with coworkers and handle interpersonal problem situations discretely and through the proper chain of command.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Graduation from high school or equivalent and completion of a training program in imaging technology from an accredited school.
- Must be registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists.
- Should be able to lift and move patients as required.
- Must become certified in cardiopulmonary resuscitation within one year of employment and renew certification annually.
For more information please submit your resume! You can also send it directly to [Register to View]
JOB ID- KD84
JOB ID: KD663