Full-time Lead Radiology Technologist needed at a top hospital serving the Fairfield County region (1 hour from NYC!)
(Reference Code: KAM)
Monday - Friday 8am - 4pm with some shift rotation until 7pm.
The Lead Radiology Technologist is under the direct supervision of the Chief of Outpatient Radiology. He/She will assist in the planning, direction, coordination and control of activities pertaining to specific modality. Will also assist the Chief in developing and implementing departmental objectives.
- Manages daily staff schedule, informs modality specific staff of needs or issues that may arise and coordinates daily activities of patients through the department.
- Utilizes imaging equipment for the purpose of creating diagnostic digital images, operates radiographic equipment, evaluates the digital images for accuracy, prepares patient rooms, equipment supplies and medications and provides patients services using imaging modality.
- Coordinates Preventative Maintenance (PM) for modality units/equipment. Assures necessary blocks are in place for said PMs. Is able to recognize equipment malfunctions, solve them or contact appropriate service/clinical engineers.
- Directly interacts with Radiologist(s) concerning modality protocols/procedures. Responsible for maintaining updated exam protocol manual and communicating any changes in said manual to modality specific staff. Also acts as liaison between Radiologist(s) and technologist(s).
- Establishes orientation guidelines for staff technologists and imaging assistant(s) subsequent training of said staff.
- Conducts/participates in monthly modality meetings to address modality specific issues/updates.
- Takes responsibility for quality of digital imaging examinations produced. Schedules in-services for new equipment training as well as “refresher” training on existing equipment as needed.
- Insures ACR Accreditation for specific modality is kept up to date. This includes all facets of new accreditation as well as re-accreditation processes.
- Graduated from High School or GED equivalent.
- Graduated from an accredited technical school in specified modality.
- He/She requires a valid Radiology license from the State of Connecticut and ARRT Certification.
- Valid CPR Certification.
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits.
For more information, please submit your resume for review!