This job is archived
Seeking a Full-Time Lead Women's Imaging Tech!
This medical group is physician-led, professionally managed and quality-driven multi-specialty practice with more than 30 offices n lower Fairfield County. This includes more than 120 physicians in 17 medical and surgical specialties and almost 400 non-clinical staff, all committed to patient-centered care.
Monday-Friday, 8a-4p with weekend rotation as needed
Under the supervision of the Radiology Manager will assist in the planning, direction, coordination and control of staff and activities pertaining to Mammography. Utilizes imaging equipment for the purpose of creating diagnostic images, operates radiographic equipment, processes image, prepares patient rooms, equipment supplies and medications. Provides patients services using imaging modalities. Assists the Chief Technologist in developing and implementing departmental objectives. May assume the responsibilities of the Chief Technologist in his/her absence. Maintains compliance within the fields of Mammography as required by State and federal regulatory mandates.
- Able to solve job related problems such as equipment malfunctions, alternate patient positions, different views and the realization of equipment and patient limitations.
- Prepares all imaging exams for reading to include correct identification and processing of images. Assures proper procedure is billed correctly and diagnosis matches the procedure.
- Aware of radiation safety procedures. Minimizes radiation exposure to patient and self. Addresses patients concern of radiation exposure.
- Warms up the equipment. Checks and inspects all equipment in assigned area of responsibility for physical or mechanical hazards. Able to recognize and respond to medical emergencies.
- Makes the safety of patient and self a priority. Cleans and disinfects equipment after each patient use.
- Maintains appropriate licensure, registration and continuing education requirements.
- High School Diploma or GED. Graduated from an accredited radiologic technologist training program approved by the American Medical Association. Valid Radiology license from the State of Connecticut, current ARRT Certification, and advanced certification in Mammography (M) required. CPR Certified.