Full-time Special Procedures Tech needed at a top hospital just east of Columbus!
(Reference Code: KAM)
* DAY SHIFT
* FT 30-40 BENEFITS. FTE: 0.800000
Performs angiographic and interventional as well as general radiographic and fluoroscopic procedures on all types of patients in an efficient and caring manner in order to provide data for the diagnosis of a wide variety of medical conditions. Evaluates exams for diagnostic quality while using professional judgment in the performance of services.
1. Effectively and safely operates all imaging and related medical (patient monitoring & support) equipment to complete a variety of invasive and other special procedures.
2. Produces acceptable images by selecting appropriate exposure factors, time sequences and patient positioning.
3. Fulfills duties of “scrub assistant” to assist physician during procedures, following proper sterile technique, catheter & guidewire manipulation, etc.
4. Follows all radiation protection and radiation safety policies.
5. Prepares, assists, and administers (as appropriate) contrast media under the direction of a physician. Properly loads and operates automatic injector.
6. Effectively uses computer systems (such as HIS, RIS, PACS) to process, access and distribute appropriate department and patient procedure information.
7. Assists in transportation of patients to and from the department.
8. Participates in providing education and information to patients and their families.
9. Participates in clinical training of radiology students by providing instruction, supervision and evaluation as required.
10. Assumes “call status” as necessary during off hours for emergency procedures.
11. Assumes role of radiographer as needed.
12. Participates in quality assurance/quality control activities as required.
13. Performs other functions as assigned.
1. Registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (or equivalent) in the appropriate specialty (radiography) and licensed by the State of Ohio in Radiology.
2. Possess a minimum of 2 years experience as a radiographer.
3. Competence in all diagnostic radiographic and special procedures.
4. Excellent interpersonal, decision-making, facilitation, conflict resolution skills.
5. Demonstrated excellence with listening, verbal and written communication skills.
6. Ability to read, write, and utilize manual and computerized systems of documentation.
7. Ability to focus on multiple tasks simultaneously and work independently and under pressure in a complex and changing working environment.
8. Demonstrated computer skills and knowledge of computer software related to electronic imaging and clinical information management.
9. CPR Certified.
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits!
For more information, please submit your resume for review.