This job is archived
MRI Technologist (ARRT)
Naval Medical Center San Diego, San Diego, CA
Full-time, Contract: Monday - Friday, 2:30 PM - 11:00 pm
Fully benefited (medical, dental, vision, PTO, paid holidays, $401(k), life insurance)
- Current certification and registration as a Magnetic Resonance Imaging Technologist (MRI) as determined by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) is required.
- At least one year of experience as an MRI Technologist is preferred.
- Associate's or Bachelor's Degree in Radiologic Sciences is preferred.
TYPE OF WORK (job duties include but are not limited to the following):
- Perform a full range of MRI technologist functions and procedures.
- Explain to the patient the procedure to be performed and answer relevant questions.
- Set up patients and perform necessary adjustments and patient position as prescribed by the diagnostic radiologist or senior MRI technologist.
- Perform daily warm up and quality control checks of MRI equipment as per manufacturer or technical representative recommendations.
- Make minor adjustments on equipment. Differentiate artifacts from normal or pathological processes and recognize electronic equipment limitations. Program the examination equipment, set up the machine and scanning techniques to be employed.
- Review new developments in the field by reading journals and attending meetings/conferences when possible and recommend changes to supervisor which would improve the operation of the ultrasound section.
- Recognize situations requiring patient resuscitation due to cardiac or respiratory arrest and institute the necessary emergency measures.
- Maintain and clean ultrasound equipment on a regular basis in accordance with radiology department standards. Stock and maintain an adequate level of supplies required to perform ultrasound examinations. Recommend necessary repairs when diagnostic quality is degraded.