Maxim Healthcare Services is currently seeking an Interventional Radiology Tech to provide services at the National Institute of Health in Bethesda, Maryland. Travel packages are available!
A part of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, NIH is the largest biomedical research agency in the world!
- Excellent opportunity to gain entry into federal employment
- Rewarding experience at a highly respected research facility
- Easy travel: federal Property allows you to work on any active, unrestricted state license
Maxim Employee Benefits Include:
- Paid Federal Holidays, Paid Time Off, Sick Time
- Weekly pay!
- Health Benefits through Blue Cross Blue Shield
- 401K Savings Plan
- Perkspot Employee Discount Program
- Employee Assistance and Work/Life Program Specialists and Counselors available 24/7
- Maxim College Partnership Program
- Direct Deposit
- Travel and Relocation Assistance
Requires American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (AART) registration and CPR certification as well as a minimum of 5 years of experience in an acute medical center in IR
Schedule is Monday-Friday 8a-4:30p or 7:30a-4:00pm with on-call and call back as needed.
- Monitors and assists patients before, during and after procedures to include proper positioning, prep and drape
- Comfortable with scrubbing and circulating in various IR areas for multiple procedures
- Turns over and prepares rooms using aseptic technique between patients, assures all equipment and supplies are readily available for procedures.
- Flexible team player comfortable with a fast paced environment
- Skilled with utilizing wide variety of devices, lines and catheters to include the following list:
- Complicated Bx (cone beam)
- Transjugular or Transjugular Liver biopsy
- Para or Thora with or without specimens and medications
- Sampling with/without anesthesia
- microwave ablation
- Radiofrequency ablation
- chest tube placement
- abdominal drain placement
- GU drain placement with or without anesthesia
- VAD n-tunneled (with or without anesthesia)
- VAD tunneled (with or without anesthesia)
- Thrombolytic Therapy
- IVC filter placement (with or without anesthesia)
- Celiac Plexus Block
- NG tube placement
For further information and/or to apply to this opportunity, please contact Chelsea Hagerty at (410) 910- 2045 or email your resume to !