The Cross-Trained Imaging Tech is responsible for performing a wide range of radiology exams and procedures in a Hospital/Level I trauma and/or Urgent Care setting. Job specific duties are dependent upon the two modalities assigned.
Prepares and positions patients for diagnostic exams of various parts of the body which includes setting up equipment and patient in relation to each other to provide best demonstration of body part under study. Enters instructions into computers, monitors and evaluates images for accuracy and completeness of order. Makes necessary adjustments when judged to be necessary.
- Evaluates image quality and completeness.
- Responds to patient's physical and psychological needs. Explains all procedures in a clear and concise manner without causing unnecessary anxiety. Uses Proper Hand Hygiene before and after patient contact. Observes patient's condition and reports any change to nurse or physician.
- Edits computer entries for correctness of description, charges for billing, usage of contrast and reactions
- Maintains Daily Room Check list, Code Cart Compliance checks and monthly inventory checks for expired products.
- Associate's degree in Medical Radiography required.
- License Radiology MA License required., and Registration American Registry of Rad Tech required., and Certificate 1 Basic Life Support required.
- 3-5 years related work experience required.
- MA state license.
- New hires will have 30 days to provide BLS certification. Certification has to be with the American Heart Association (AHA).
- For Ultrasound/Vascular required credentials include ARDMS (Ob/Gyn and Abdomen Specialties) and RVT (Registered Vascular Technologist).
- Advanced technical computer skills as required for technical support specific to functional area and related systems.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $37.05 - $68.38 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Acute care
- Rotating shift
- No travel
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Boston, MA: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- BLS Certification (Required)
- ARRT Certification (Required)
Work Location: In person