Company & Position Introduction:
PrimeCare Medical, Inc. (i.e. PCM) has been in operation since 1986. We are a privately owned, physician founded, nationally accredited correctional healthcare practice.
PCM provides comprehensive medical & mental health care services to 80 county jails, prisons, and juvenile detention centers throughout the states of PA, MD, WV, NY, & NH.
We were recently voted one of the Top 50 Fastest Growing Companies of 2019 by the Central PA Business Journal!
Correctional medicine is a unique, challenging, and exciting opportunity for today’s mental health professional, in that it provides the perfect hybrid of outpatient and inpatient care. Thus allowing you to truly utilize all of your learned skills and knowledge on a daily basis; serving an underserved and extremely diverse patient population.
We are currently looking for a Part-Time, Licensed Psychologist (PhD or PsyD) to join our team and provide on-site psychological care at the Chester County Prison in West Chester, PA.
This part-time position is extremely flexible, and can range anywhere from 8 - 12 hours/week! Schedules are Monday’s – Friday’s, and are during normal business hours (i.e. no weekends). Shift time are flexible, thus this opportunity can accommodate around almost any schedule/lifestyle!
To quickly summary some key points:
- Salaries are negotiable and commensurate based on experience;
- Company paid malpractice liability insurance (including tail) provided;
- Annual licensure reimbursement available; and much more.
In this role the Psychologist is responsible for the clinical monitoring, coordinating and implementing of the mental health program in accordance with NCCHC standards, and will serve as the mental health liaison between the medical unit and facility staff.
Other specific responsibilities will include:
- Providing one-to-one intervention and follow-up of inmates/patients who suffer from substance abuse.
- Providing input to facility administration regarding treatment response and progress reports of inmates/patients on a regularly scheduled basis.
- Facilitating admission and placement of certified inmates/patients in forensic and community Mental Health facilities.
- Initiating the required paper work for the inmates/patients entry.
- Monitoring all psychiatric/psychological clinical services provided.
- Monitoring and documenting treatment responses of inmates/patients and documents.
- Ensuring complete, accurate, and timely entries are made for each inmate/patient contact.
- Evaluating psychological status of inmates/patients who have been referred by a primary treatment provider.
- Monitoring standards of care in accordance with NCCHC/ACA and accepted psychiatric/psychological standards.
- Is a member of the Quality Assurance Committee and sub-committees.
- Assisting in the establishment of Quality Assurance standards and audit criteria.
- Serving as a member of various committees within the medical unit and facility as necessary.
- Developing and conducting in-service education programs according to annual in-service calendar.
- Actively assisting with the detection and prevention of inmate/patient suicide.
You will be working in a fast paced and challenging environment; therefor it is essential that the right person have a demonstrated ability to multi-task and excellent organizational skills.
Other requirements for the Psychologist include:
- Licensed to practice Psychology in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- Graduate of an accredited institution of higher education, with major in Psychology.
- Maintain current Driver’s License.
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to gain trust of patients and build a working relationship.
- Ability to work in a supportive, team-based work environment.
We are committed to managing and reducing risk in correctional healthcare by providing cost-effective quality healthcare management, continuously improving the standards of care and striving for national accreditation for all facilities.
Dedicated to correctional healthcare; PCM prides itself on our strong client relationships, effective, and efficient management of health care services. These attributes continue to be the hallmark of our success. With new contracts established regularly, opportunities for development and advancement are ample.
PCM utilizes a proprietary EMR system customized to our practice, and specifically designed for correctional healthcare. Said technology is user-friendly, intuitive, and always available. At PCM, we’re dedicated to your long-term success and foster this by providing individually catered training to every one of our physicians. We teach you how to document in real-time, to ensure that you’re life outside of your career is focused on the things that truly matter.
To learn more about why PrimeCare Medical, Inc. is The Choice for Quality Correctional Health Care, please apply today to schedule a phone interview. We are ready and waiting to speak with you about joining our PrimeCare Medical family!