This job is archived
Company & Position Introduction:
PrimeCare Medical, Inc. (PCM) provides comprehensive medical and mental healthcare services to over 70 county jails, prisons, and juvenile detention centers throughout 5 states in the Northeastern US (Pennsylvania, Maryland, West Virginia, New York, & New Hampshire).
We are currently looking for a full-time, on-site Licensed Psychologist to join our team and provide psychological care in the medical department at the Dauphin County Prison in Harrisburg, PA.
This position offers exceptional scheduling flexibility!
To quickly summary some key points:
- Salaries are negotiable and commensurate based on experience;
- Full health & retirement benefits are included;
- Company paid liability insurance (including tail) is provided;
- Generous vacation plan included;
- Annual licensure & CME reimbursement provided;
- 401k with company match offered; and much more.
In this role the Psychologist is responsible for the clinical monitoring, coordinating and implementing of the mental health program in accordance with NCCHC standards and will serve as the mental health liaison between the medical unit and facility staff.
Other specific responsibilities will include:
- Providing one-to-one intervention and follow-up of inmates/patients who suffer from substance abuse.
- Providing input to facility administration regarding treatment response and progress reports of inmates/patients on a regularly scheduled basis.
- Facilitating admission and placement of certified inmates/patients in forensic and community Mental Health facilities.
- Initiating the required paper work for the inmates/patients entry.
- Monitoring all psychiatric/psychological clinical services provided.
- Monitoring and documenting treatment responses of inmates/patients and documents.
- Ensuring complete, accurate, and timely entries are made for each inmate/patient contact.
- Evaluating psychological status of inmates/patients who have been referred by a primary treatment provider.
- Monitoring standards of care in accordance with NCCHC/ACA and accepted psychiatric/psychological standards.
- Is a member of the Quality Assurance Committee and sub-committees.
- Assisting in the establishment of Quality Assurance standards and audit criteria.
- Serving as a member of various committees within the medical unit and facility as necessary.
- Developing and conducting in-service education programs according to annual in-service calendar.
- Actively assisting with the detection and prevention of inmate/patient suicide.
You will be working in a fast paced and challenging environment; therefor it is essential that this person have a demonstrated ability to multi-task and excellent organizational skills.
Other requirements for the Psychologist include:
- Licensed to practice Psychology in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- Graduate of an accredited institution of higher education, with major in Psychology.
- Strong communication skills as well as the ability to develop a trusting relationship with patients/inmates.
- Ability to monitor, observe and document patients.
- Board Certified or Board Eligible.
PrimeCare Medical, Inc. (PCM) has been in operation since 1986. We’re a private, physician founded correctional healthcare practice.
We’re committed to managing and reducing risk in correctional healthcare by providing cost-effective quality healthcare management, continuously improving the standards of care and striving for national accreditation for all facilities. Dedicated to correctional healthcare, PCM prides itself on our strong client relationships, effective and efficient management of healthcare services. These attributes continue to be the hallmark of our success. With new contracts established regularly, opportunities for development and advancement are ample.
Correctional medicine is a unique, challenging, and exciting opportunity for today’s mental health professional in that it provides the ability to truly utilize all of your learned skills and knowledge on a daily basis. Correctional healthcare is the perfect hybrid of Primary Care and Urgent/Emergency Care medicine, serving an often underserved and extremely diverse patient population.
PCM utilizes a proprietary EMR system customized to our practice, and specifically designed for correctional healthcare. Said technology is user-friendly, intuitive, and always available. At PCM, we’re dedicated to your long-term success and foster this by providing individually catered training to every one of our physicians. We teach you how to document in real-time and tactfully structure our call requirements, to ensure that you’re life outside of your career is focused on the things that truly matter.
To learn more about why PrimeCare Medical, Inc. is the best choice for top-quality correctional healthcare, please apply today to schedule a phone interview. We’re ready to speak with you about joining our PrimeCare Medical family of physicians!