We are looking for a compassionate clinical psychologist to assist us in making assessments and identifying a wide variety of disorders in clients, and formulating suitable treatments. The clinical psychologist will employ a range of methods to assess clients’ issues. The clinical psychologist will be instrumental in performing interventions. You will utilize various treatment strategies, such as behavior modification and stress reduction therapy. You will continuously measure the success of treatment programs, and make changes where necessary.
To be successful in this role, you should be able to develop an effective, tailor-made treatment plan for each client, and consistently conduct follow-ups. Top candidates will be unprejudiced and have keen observational and analytical skills.
Clinical Psychologist Responsibilities:
- Making assessments and interpretations based on biopsychosocial evaluations, psychometric tests, semi-structured interviews, therapy sessions, and neuropsychological assessments.
- Collaborating with other healthcare providers to evaluate the medical and physical condition of clients.
- Formulating and creating personalized interventions, treatments, and management plans for clients.
- Assessing clients' risk, considering their mental health and social needs when performing interventions.
- Interacting with clients and other parties regarding performing interventions.
- Employing various treatment methods such as psychotherapy, hypnosis, behavior modification, stress reduction therapy, and psychodrama.
- Measuring the effectiveness of interventions and implementing changes where required.
- Ensuring the maintenance and safe storage of accurate program and client records, and all other pertinent documents.
- Maintaining confidentiality of clients’ treatment and records in accordance with HIPAA. Participating in clinical training seminars and mentoring assistant psychologists, psychology students, and interns on-site.
- Working towards positioning the agency as a pioneer in psychological interventions.
Clinical Psychologist Requirements:
- Degree/Education (5.2.4): Degree: Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) or Doctor of Psychology (PsyD).
Education: Graduate from an American Psychology Association accredited college or university with a doctoral degree in clinical or counseling psychology. Internship/Residency: Successful completion from an internship in psychology accredited by the American Psychological Association.
- Certifications in addition to Basic Life Support (5.2.3): None
- Experience: Experience: As required to meet clinical competency requirements
specified in the Service-specific credentialing instructions
- Board Certification (220.127.116.11.4): None
- Licensure/Registration: Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice as a psychologist in any State, the District of Columbia, Guam, Puerto Rico or US Virgin Islands.
AKAHI ASSOCIATES LLC
AKAHI Associates is a premier provider of healthcare workers to various military treatment facilities across the United States. With a corporate office in Honolulu, Hawaii and recruiting office in San Antonio, Texas we specialize in providing skilled, trained and highly successful healthcare workers, including RNs, CRNAs, Physicians, LPN/LVN, Licensed Social Workers, and many more.
We have a strong focus on providing our government customers with quality and superior service.
Akahi Associates is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click the link below to view the EEO Is The Law poster.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Only qualified individuals who are being considered will be contacted for an interview
Akahi LLC provided the following inclusive hiring information:
We are an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.