This job is archived
Maxim Healthcare Services is currently seeking full time Bilingual Mental Health Clinicians for a direct placement opportunity with our client. Services will be performed on site in a youth residential setting in the following locations:
- Houston, TX 77530
- Houston, TX 77003
- Sign on Bonus
- Health/Vision/Dental: Blue Cross Blue Shield
- 401K Match
- CEU Reimbursement
- Relocation Bonus (if applicable)
Hours: Full time, 40 hours per week. Required to work a flexible schedule to facilitate program services.
The Clinician is responsible for providing mental health assessment and counseling intervention services, as well as continually monitoring and documenting clients’ mental well-being and overall adjustment to the program. The Clinician’s functions are performed as part of a multi-disciplinary team and include development and implementation of client therapeutic plans, facilitating transfers, and reunification planning. All duties will be performed based on education, training and certified counseling experience within the social service field. The Clinician is subject to work extended hours and weekends, and to be on-call.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Master’s Degree in Social Work (MSW), Counseling, Psychology or other relevant behavioral science field in which clinical training and experience is a program requirement; New Graduates encouraged to apply!
- Must possess a valid state driver’s license and be eligible to drive to facilitate program services as required by contractual agreement.
- Required to work a flexible schedule to facilitate program services.
- Bilingual in Spanish
- Ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing
- Two years of postgraduate direct service delivery experience conducting clinical interviewing and assessment, as well as individual and group counseling.
- Experience working with children and youth in inpatient, residential, or detention facilities.
- Experience working with undocumented children and/or refugees.
- Conduct intake, admission, and diagnostic assessments with clients, and document results according program standards.
- Collaborate with treatment team members and clients to develop treatment plans.
- Provide weekly one-to-one counseling and crisis intervention as needed.
- Facilitate psycho-educational and therapeutic client groups.
- Continually monitor the mental well-being of clients and arrange for appropriate services as needed.
- Provide consultation and documentation regarding clients’ functioning, mental health status, and treatment needs.
- Provide clinical services, licensing and funding source guidelines.
- Participate in and comply with all meetings, assignments, process improvement, and quality improvement initiatives as assigned by supervisor
- Attend all organizational required trainings.
- Attend all departmental and program meetings to ensure that up-to-date information is received and/or information of policy changes or practice are adhered to.
- Must assist in the evacuation of youth as needed due to inclement weather conditions, natural disasters, or other unforeseen occurrences.
- Travel as needed for trainings, conferences or to transport youth to destinations located within the U.S.
- Maintain a safe, clean and hazard-free work area.
- Ensure the proper supervision of youth at all times.
- Able to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned.