Maxim Healthcare Services is currently seeking a Clinical Psychologist to provide services to support Keesler Air Force Base (AFB) in Biloxi, MS.
Schedule: Monday to Friday, 7:30a-4:30p (regular rotation for on call with minimal callback)
Period of performance: 1 year, plus 4 options years
Pay rate: Negotiable up to $55/hr, with weekly direct deposit.
Benefits: PTO included.
Experience: 1 year of clinical experience required
Education: Ph.D. or Psy.D. from an APA accredited psychology program; successful completion of an APA accredited internship/residency.
License/Certifications: Current unrestricted license as a Clinical Psychologist from any state; Basic Life Support (BLS)
Security Requirements: Must be able to pass a Govt. background check
- The Contractor personnel shall provide for patients as scheduled by the Government.
- Attend and participate in meetings during normal duty hours and professional staff conferences and other appropriate professional activities such as, but not limited to the following: Quality Improvement meeting, professional staff meetings, Commander's staff meetings, Mental Health Flight meetings, safety huddles and others required by applicable regulations, MTF guidance, or as directed by the Mental Health Flight Commander or his/her designated representative.
- Conduct applied research and clinical investigations in clinical/behavioral health psychology.
- Clinical/Counseling Psychology. Responsible for and applies psychological procedures and techniques, including interviewing, behavioral assessment, evidenced-based therapies, and psychological testing/psychodiagnostic testing, in the evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of psychological disorders.
- Individual, family and group psychotherapy, and couples therapy, alcohol and drug treatment evaluations.
- Consults with medical personnel, legal authorities, military commanders and school districts, as required.
- Maintain accurate and current notes in both the Mental Health records and inpatient medical records of all patients seen, as appropriate, and produces reports of evaluation and/or treatment, as required.
- Participates in military specific training (e.g., training to perform Command Directed Evaluations, security clearances, Military Training Instructor clearances, pre-post deployment screening, PTSD, and combat stress)
- Performs computer operations and be proficient in the use of basic word processing, data entry, and electronic medical records.
- Produces a monthly average of patient visits and RVUs consistent with department norms.
- Advises on problems related to mental health and prevention of mental disorders.
For immediate consideration, call the recruiter, Chris, at [Register to View] or send resume/CV to [Register to View]