This job is archived
Location: 20th Medical Group, Shaw AFB, SC
Work Schedule: M-F, 0730-1630
• Degree: Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) or Doctor of Psychology (PsyD).
• Education: Graduate from an American Psychology Association accredited college or university with a doctoral degree in clinical or counseling psychology.
• Internship/Residency: Successful completion from an internship in psychology accredited by the American Psychological Association.
• Experience: As required to meet clinical competency requirements specified in the Service-specific credentialing instructions.
• Licensure: Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice as a psychologist in any State, the District of Columbia, Guam, Puerto Rico or US Virgin Islands.
• Practice within the guidelines of their state licensing board, American Psychological Association Ethical Principles and Code of Conduct, and MTF privileges.
• Conduct psychological evaluations utilizing information from clinical interviews, psychological testing, and collateral sources, as appropriate.
• Establish psychiatric diagnoses according to the American Psychiatric Association Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Disorders.
• Provide psychological treatment for individuals and groups; help medical and surgical patients deal with illnesses or injuries.
• Assist in rehabilitation of patients.
• Provide evidence-based treatment for psychiatric conditions in accordance with clinical practice guidelines established by the American Psychological Association, National Institute of Mental Health, the Department of Defense, and/or the Department of Veterans Affairs.
• Provide fitness-for-duty recommendations of active duty service member patients in accordance with Department of Defense policy and procedures.
• Utilize standardized clinical documentation templates as directed by clinic or Department of Defense policy.
• Participate in case staffings, treatment team meetings, and case management activities as indicated by clinical need and clinic or Department of Defense policy.
AKAHI ASSOCIATES SERVICES LLC.
Akahi Associates Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click the link below to view the EEO Is The Law poster.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Only qualified individuals who are being considered will be contacted for an interview