The job is a civilian position is within the extensive military medical system. Civilian and military personnel work together in hospitals and clinics providing a full range of services to the active duty military service members, military retirees, and their families.
Our employees are our best assets! Come join our team of healthcare professionals where you are valued!
- Multiple positions is speciality clinics
- Monday-Friday days
- PTO - fantastic accrual rate
- Paid Holidays
- Competitive Compensation
Clinical Psychologist Job Overview:
Primary Care Position:
- Deliver brief, consultation based services to patients and PCMs using an integrated care model. Services provided are standard and mimic the structure, function, and pace of primary care (i.e., psychotherapy or other specialty care psychological assessments are inappropriate and therefore prohibited). The PCM is ultimately responsible for the patient's health care plan and makes the determination on how the HCW's recommendations might be integrated into the PCM's plan for the patient.
- Provide timely and succinct feedback to primary care physicians regarding consultations findings and recommendations.
- Determine the appropriateness of the patient receiving services in the primary care setting, and assisting with implementation of treatment plans.
- Formulate behavioral health interventions appropriate to primary care setting, and assisting with implementation of treatment plans.
- Provide brief follow ups, including relapse prevention education.
- Develop, teach, and provide oversight for classes that promote education and skill-building to enhance psychological and physical health.
- See approximately 8-14 patients a day.
- Provide concise documentation of care and recommendations in patient's medical record in no less than 24 hours after the patient is seen.
- Participate in group medical appointments including Shared Medical Appointments (SMA) and Drop in Group Medical Appointments (DIGMA) as requested by the PCM.
Psychological Health and Traumatic Brain Injury Position
- Provide comprehensive mental health care, individual, couples, marital, family and group counseling to active duty personnel, retirees and their dependents.
- Provide psychological consultation, differential diagnosis, and treatment planning for all disorders defined by the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual (DSM) of Mental Disorders, including: interviewing, psychosocial history taking, mental status examination, and administration and interpretation of psychological tests (intellectual and cognitive, clinical objective and inventory, clinical projective, achievement vocational and aptitude, questionnaire and survey instruments).
- Provide brief or long-term family, individual, marital, or group psychotherapy.
- Provide crisis intervention and suicide assessment.
- Provide neuropsychological testing as indicated.
- Provide evaluation for suitability and fit for duty in regards to administrative separation, clinical intervention techniques directed toward treating the emotional conflicts, personality disturbances, and skill deficiencies underlying a person's distress and dysfunction.
- Provide mental health promotion and outreach to other departments in the hospital.
Clinical Psychologist Job Qualifications:
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) or Doctor of Psychology (PsyD)
- Graduate from an APA accredited college or university in clinical or counseling psychology
- Internship/Residency: Successful completion from an internship in psychology accredited by the APA
- Clinical competency
- Licensure: Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice as a psychologist in any U.S. jurisdiction.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) by American Heart Association (AHA)
Primary Care Position additional qualifications:
- One year fellowship or residency in health psychology or behavioral medicine.
- One year of experience in the last four years in the evaluation and treatment of patients who have pain, psychological factors affecting their physical condition, or difficulty coping with medical problems.
Position contingent on contract award with an anticipated Fall start date. Incumbents HIGHLY encourage to contact us! Come join our team of healthcare professionals!