This job is archived
Our Mental Health Professional provides clinical services under the direction of the MH Coordinator, Clinical Supervisor or MH Director to inmates. Provides mental health consultation and training to facility staff.Qualifications
Education for Mental Health Professional:
- Master's degree in a behavioral/social science field from an accredited college or university
Experience for Mental Health Professional:
- Coursework and professional experience that indicates knowledge of mental health counseling, group and individual psychotherapy, diagnosis and treatment of mental disorders, psychological assessment techniques, crisis intervention, and mental health consultation.
Licenses/Certifications for Mental Health Professional:
- LCSW, LPC, LMFT or similar licensure in the state from the appropriate state licensing board
- Current CPR Certification
- Any other certifications (such as First Aid) required by contract
- Provide direct clinical and consultation services in accordance with CCS Policies and procedures, policies and procedures of the institution, and in accordance with the ethics and standards of relevant professional organizations (e.g., NASW, APA)
- Responsible for having a basic understanding of mental health accreditation standards issued by National Commission on Correctional Health Care (NCCHC) and American Correctional Association (ACA) if those accrediting bodies are applicable to the facility
- Interrelate and work effectively with facility staff, inmates, and outside support agencies as delegated by MH Coordinator, Clinical Supervisor, or MH Director
- Maintain the confidentiality of inmate information in accordance with CCS policy and procedure, state law, site policy and the standards of the NCCHC and ACA, if those accrediting bodies are applicable to the site
- Completion of specific duties and responsibilities as designated by the Mental Health Coordinator, Clinical Supervisor or Mental Health Director. Designation of duties will be determined by current needs of the inmate population and the mental health professionals privilege status, taking into consideration employee's interests whenever possible.
CCS is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer