This job is archived
Clinical Psychologist job in San Antonio, Texas.
The Clinical Psychologist job is a civilian position within the extensive military medical system that provides a full range of services to the military and their families.
Our employees are our best assets! Come join our team of healthcare professionals where you are valued.
- Work Life Balance
- Fantastic PTO accrual rate
- Competitive Compensation
- Benefit Package (health, dental, and vision plans)
Clinical Psychologist Job Overview:
- Perform organizational tasks in support of the medical facility
- Apply appropriate psychological procedures and techniques, including interviewing, behavioral assessment, cognitive-behavioral and other empirically supported recommendations, and psychological testing/psycho diagnostic testing, to aid Primary Care Managers (PCMs) in the evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of psychological and neuropsychological disorders in the primary care setting
- Target and evaluate diagnostic impressions and functional status that focus on the presenting problem.
- Formulate behavioral health interventions appropriate to primary care setting, and assist with implementation of treatment plans.
- Provide timely and succinct feedback to PCMs regarding evaluation findings and recommendations.
- Provide brief follow-up, including relapse prevention strategies developing, teaching, and/or provide oversight for classes that promote education and skill-building to promote psychological and physical health.
- Consultation services for patients requiring on-going monitoring and follow-up.
- Consult with medical personnel, legal authorities, military commanders and school districts.
- Participate in military specific evaluations (recommendations to PCMs for clearances, pre-post deployment screening, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and combat stress).
- Maintain accurate and current notes in the outpatient medical records of all patients seen, as appropriate, and produces reports of evaluation and/or treatment as required.
Clinical Psychologist Job Qualifications:
- PhD or PsyD
- APA accreditated doctoral program
- APA Intership
- Licensure: active, current to practice Clinical Psychology. Any U.S. state honored.
- 2 years within the past 3 years as a Licensed Clinical Psychologist