Job was saved successfully.
Job was removed from Saved Jobs.
• Ref #: SL-LPT-7797899
• Profession: Allied Health
• Specialty: Licensed Psychiatric Technician (LPT)
• Job Type: Contract
• Open To Travelers: Yes
• Facility Type: Correctional
• Location: Ione, California
• Start Date: ASAP
• Duration: 28 weeks
• Schedule:Wed-Sun, 6A-2:30P
• Rate: $2,120/40-hours
• Valid and active California Psychiatric Technician license
• At least 12 consecutive months of performing similar services within the last 3 years
• BLS certification issued by the American Heart Association (AHA) or the American Red Cross (with AED)
• Must be proficient in the English Language (Speaking/Writing)
The Psychiatric Technician will provide services under the direction of the facilities' CEO/CNE or designee, following the scope of practice for Psychiatric Technicians and adhering to the facilities' policies and procedures. The duties of the Psychiatric Technician will include, but are not limited to, the following requirements:
• Provide general behavioral and psychiatric nursing care to mentally or developmentally disabled patients/youth.
• Conduct daily clinical rounds and monitor patients/youth displaying signs and symptoms of mental illness.
• Perform psychiatric nursing procedures, including administering medications and treatments, hypodermic injections, temperature, pulse, blood pressure, respiration checks.
• Collaborate with other disciplines as part of the Treatment Team to develop treatment plans and objectives based on assessments, contributing to an overall treatment program for patients/youth.
• Assist in creating group and individual therapy regimens and provide group therapy to patients/youth.
• Facilitate communication and coordination with custody personnel to manage mentally or developmentally disabled patients/youth.
• Observe and report significant changes in patients'/youths' physical condition and behavior.
• Coordinate clinical appointment schedules and ensure patients/youth attend their appointments.
• Assist in first responder duties, including administering CPR and providing first aid as needed.
• Follow all documentation procedures accurately and completely as required.
• Contribute to establishing a safe, secure, and therapeutic environment for patients/youth.
Kennesaw, Georgia, United States
We staff physicians, physician assistants and nurse practitioners in locum tenens and permanent positions.