The Psychiatric Technician shall be part of the Embedded Mental Health program. The position shall work directly under the technical guidance of EMH psychiatrists, psychologists, mental health nurse practitioners and/or licensed clinical social workers to provide group and individual psychoeducational services and assist in coordination of patient care.
- Possess a certificate from an accredited Psychiatric Technician Program; or completion of an equivalent education and experience that meets the requirement of the American Association of Psychiatric Technicians or completion of education and experience as a behavioral science specialist/technician in the United States military and proof of having completed an Armed Forces course involving psychiatric technician training or civilian course from an accredited school in the care of behavioral health patients.
- Possess at least one year of experience as a Psychiatric Technician after graduation in the Mental Health field; experience shall be within the past two years.
- Conduct or assist in treatment and rehabilitation of patients. Perform initial basic assessment procedures including standardized psychological screening, clinical interviewing, mental status examinations, substance abuse evaluations, and psychological and nursing assessment.
- Identify potential mental health and nursing diagnoses, and provide patient education.
- Observe, monitor, record, and report patient's progress.
- Conduct or assist in conducting group and individual counseling, therapeutic community, and other related milieu activities.
- Institute precautionary measures to prevent patient injury, interpersonal violence or suicide.
- Obtain and record vital signs.
- Coordinate with other agencies regarding specified care, treatment, prevention, rehabilitation, and administrative functions. Contact military and community agencies to obtain collateral information.
- Explain mental health services to patients or others.
- Assist in, or arrange patient referral to public, private, and military community agencies.
- Prepare and maintain records and reports pertaining to specialty services.
- Prepare and maintain treatment records.
- Provide administrative support to include front desk coverage, telephone check-ins, appointment reminders, and appointment bookings as required.
AKAHI ASSOCIATES LLC
AKAHI Associates is a premier provider of healthcare workers to various military treatment facilities across the United States. With a corporate office in Honolulu, Hawaii and recruiting office in San Antonio, Texas we specialize in providing skilled, trained and highly successful healthcare workers, including RNs, CRNAs, Physicians, LPN/LVN, Licensed Social Workers, and many more.
We have a strong focus on providing our government customers with quality and superior service.
Akahi Associates is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click the link below to view the EEO Is The Law poster.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Only qualified individuals who are being considered will be contacted for an interview.