This job is archived
Evaluates patients and develops a physical therapy treatment plan for patients suffering from injuries, neurological conditions, or muscle, nerve, joint and bone diseases, to restore strength, movement, function, relieve pain, and prevent disability.
- Reviews Physician's referral, patient's condition and medical records to determine physical therapy treatment required. Obtains history and subjective components of the evaluation. Tests and measures patient's strength, balance, range of motion, motor development, sensory perception, functional capacity, and respiratory and circulatory efficiency, and records findings to develop or revise treatment programs. Observes posture, position, and palpates anatomical structures. Plans and prepares written treatment plan based on evaluation of patient data.
- Administers manual exercises to improve and maintain function. Instructs, motivates, and assists patient to perform various physical activities and in use of assistant and supportive devices such as crutches, canes, and prostheses.
- Administers treatments involving application of physical agents. Evaluates effects of treatment at various stages and adjusts treatments to achieve maximum benefit. Performs manual therapy treatments including soft tissue mobilization, joint mobilization. Administers traction to relieve pain.
- Records treatment, response, and progress in patient's chart or enters information into computer
- Instructs patient and family in treatment procedures to be continued at home. Evaluates, fits, and adjusts prosthetic and orthotic devices.
- Confers with Physician and other practitioners to obtain additional patient information, suggest revisions in treatment program, and integrate physical therapy treatment with other aspects of patient's health care.
- Orients, instructs, and directs work activities of assistants, technicians, athletic trainers, and students. Plans and conducts lectures and training programs on physical therapy and related topics for medical staff, students, and community groups. Participates in the development of community education or promotional program in the rehabilitation field annually. Assists in the development of new services or programs.
- Performs thorough and timely electronic documentation.
- Strengths in care delivery as evidenced by peer review feedback; consistently demonstrates advanced evaluation and treatment techniques.
- Participates actively in the PI and CQI process.
- Assists in the orientation and training of new staff members.
- Participates in cost savings initiatives in the department.
Education: BS, MS, or doctorate from an accredited Physical Therapy program
License/Certification: Current CPR certification.; License to practice Physical Therapy in Wisconsin, Illinois, or both if required; Valid Driver's License & Auto Insurance; A Satisfactory Driving Record
Continuum Medical Staffing
Senior Healthcare Recruiter
406 417 [Register to View]