This job is archived
Maxim Healthcare Services (MGS) is currently seeking Registered Nurses, Physical Therapists, and Occupational Therapists (RN, PT, OT) for direct placement opportunities to provide care management services. The caregiver will facilitate and coordinate the optimal Discharge Plan and serve as the communication link between the patient and their interdisciplinary health care team on their journey to well-being.
The caregiver will complete weekly LiveSafe assessments and engage the patient’s interdisciplinary care team providing them with the Outcomes Prediction Tool (OPT) to align expectations for discharge planning. He/She will engage the patient and family to share information and facilitate informed decision by serving as the link between patients and the appropriate health care personnel, ensuring efficient, smooth, and prompt transitions of care.
Our partner benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 401K Savings plan with company match and performance contribution
- Registered Clinician is a requirement of the role with preference for RN, PT, or OT credentials
- Current active unrestricted clinical license required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3‐5 years of clinical experience required
- Case Management experience with CCM preferred
- Patient education background, rehabilitation and/or home health nursing experience a plus
- Experience working with geriatric population preferred
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong problem solving, conflict resolution and negotiating skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and Power Point
- Independent problem identification/resolution and decision making skills
- Detail oriented
- Must be able to prioritize, plan, and handle multiple tasks/demands simultaneously
- Team player
- Ability to travel in a local or regional market depending upon facility alignment
- Ability to establish a home office work space
- Perform SNF assessments on patient using clinical skills and appropriate measurement tools such as LiveSafe, OPT, InterQual and CMS criteria upon admission to SNF and periodically through the patient’s stay
- Review targets for LOS, target outcomes and discharge plans with the providers and family
- Completes all SNF concurrent reviews, updating Authorizations on a timely basis
- Collaborate effectively with the patient’s health care team to establish an optimal discharge plan. The health care team includes physicians, referral coordinators, discharge planners, social workers, physical therapist, etc.
- Assure the patient is progressing toward discharge goals and assist to resolve barriers Participate in SNF Rounds weekly providing accurate and up to date information to the Sr. Manager or Medical Director Assure appropriate referrals are made to the Health Plan, High Risk Case Manager and/or community‐based services
- Engages with patient, family or caregiver either telephonically or on‐site weekly and as needed
- Attends the patient/family care conference
- Assess and monitor patient’s continued appropriateness for SNF setting (as indicated) according to InterQual criteria or the OPT
- When delegated for utilization management review refer requests that cannot be approved for continued stay and are forwarded to licensed physicians for review and issuance of the NOMNC when appropriate
- Coordinate peer to peer reviews with Medical Directors
- Supports new delegated contract start up to ensure experienced staff work with new contract
- Manage assigned caseload in an efficient and effective manner utilizing time management skills
- Enter timely and accurate documentation into the CM Tool application
- Daily review of census and identification of barriers to manage independent workload and ability to assist others
- Review with the assigned Clinical Team Manager monthly dashboards, readmission reports, quarterly and other reports as needed to assist with the identification of opportunities for improvement
- Adhere to organizational and departmental policies and procedures.
- Maintains confidentiality of all PHI information in compliance with HIPPA, federal and state regulations and laws
Physical Demands/Work Environment: The physicals demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to mobilize to and within sites within a geographical area, including car transport.
- Ability to manipulate lap top computer (or similar hardware) between office and site settings.
- Ability to view screen and enter data into a lap top computer (or similar hardware) within a standard period of time.
- Ability to communicate with Clients and team members including use of cellular phone or comparable communication device.
- Ability to sit for an extended period of time periods (1‐2) hours.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by personnel assigned to this classification. This description is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel assigned to this classification.
For further information and/or to apply to this opportunity, please contact Christopher May at (410) 910- 9072 or email your resume to !