San Antonio, Tx.
The Physical Therapist Assistant will provide coordinated physical therapy to patients of all age groups under the supervision of a Licensed Physical Therapist.
- Performs services planned, delegated and supervised by the PT.
- Completes clinical and progress reports in a timely manner.
- Applies concepts of infection control and universal precautions in coordinating/performing patient care activities to prevent contamination and transmission of disease.
- Other duties as assigned
- Graduate of an accredited school of physical therapy assistant with an Associate Degree in Physical Therapy.
- Current Texas State License to practice physical therapy.
- Two (2) years’ experience as a Physical Therapy Assistant
- Proof of current CPR, negative TB screening, and Hepatitis profile.
- Reliable transportation, valid driver’s license and current auto liability insurance.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills
- Provides excellent customer service skills and fosters good working relations with field
- Therapy skills as set forth in the Therapy Practice Act and other regulatory agencies
- Uses effective interpersonal relations and communication skills to participate in teaching the patient and family.
- Meets mandatory continuing education requirements; participates in service programs
- Demonstrates commitment, professional growth, and competency
Physical Demands: (The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.