Certified Therapeutic Recreational Specialist (CTRS)
Highland Springs is a 72-bed behavioral hospital located near Cleveland, Ohio. The hospital offers inpatient and outpatient mental health and addiction treatment to adults, adolescents and their families. At Highland Springs we are dedicated to Changing People’s Lives®
As an Activities Therapist Coordinator, you will be a member of the clinical services team at Highlan Springs. Our team drives a “Clinical First” attitude to help fulfill our mission of “Changing People’s Lives®”. Our Activities Therapists utilize an approve recreation program to assist patients in developing interpersonal relationships to further develop confidence needed to participate in group activities. Our patient centric approach delivers superior outcomes for our patients.
Members of our team Enjoy:
- Working with a highly engaged staff
- Healthy staffing levels
- Flexible scheduling
- Career growth
- Competitive compensation
- Activities Therapy Coordinator (ATC) assists the Director of Clinical Services in developing programs to provide appropriate therapeutic activities to patients in facility programs, both in patient and out.
- ATC serves as a member of the interdisciplinary team to provide recreational and activity services to patients hospitalized for treatment of substance abuse, dual diagnosis, or psychiatric or emotional disorders.
- ATC plans, organizes and directs medically approved recreation programs, including such activities as sports, dramatics, games, arts and crafts to assist patients to develop interpersonal relationships, to socialize effectively, and to develop confidence needed to participate in group activities.
- ATC regulates content of the programs in accordance with patients’ capabilities, needs, interests and treatment plan.
- ATC assists in the scheduling and management of AT and ATA staff.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institute in Recreational Therapy, Music Therapy, Art Therapy, or similar field and/or relevant licensure or certification per state of practice guidelines.
- Current unencumbered certification/license/registration preferred
- CPR and CPI certifications within 30 days of hire.
- Previous experience in a psychiatric health care facility, with direct experience working with chemical dependency, dual diagnosis, psychiatric and geriatric patients preferred.