Under the supervision of the Physical Therapist, provides services to patients/clients including monitoring and completion of progress notes and discharge summaries. Schedules patient for treatment, ensuring all treatment are performed as ordered or communicates why treatments were not performed.
- Administers physical therapy treatment to patients, working under the supervision of a Physical Therapist.
- Assists in development of treatment plans relevant to clinical findings that provide individualized treatment for patient level of care and length of stay and that relate to established goals.
- Perform all job duties in a safe manner with respect to personal safety of self and others.
- Follow established policy and procedures for care, maintenance and operation of equipment.
- Demonstrates understanding and apply knowledge of medical conditions related to treatment that may impact treatment.
- Utilize time management skills and flexibility to provide optimal care within specific environment.
- Effectively involve and educate patient and caregiver in the plan of care.
- Incorporate clinical trends and make adjustments and recommendations to ensure cost-effective delivery of care/service.
- Document evaluations, treatment plans, and goals that relate to clinical findings. Demonstrate evidence of patient/caregiver and team involvement/collaboration.
- Document change of status in patient condition or physician orders.
- Promote the facilitation of continuity of care.
- Provide treatment to patients in aquatic therapy programs.
- Graduation from an accredited school of Physical Therapy Assistant.
- CPR certification a plus.
- Verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Must speak Spanish
- Knowledge of Physical Therapy theory and practice.
- Thorough knowledge of body mechanics and approved lifting techniques.
- Basic computer skills.
Hourly Rate $27.24-32.39
Sign On Bonus $3,000
Free Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage for you and family
403B Retirement Plan
2 Weeks Vacation
10 Paid Holidays
Sick Leave Accrual