- Our Phlebotomist performs laboratory tests within the site as ordered by a physician.
- Requires documented successful completion of a Phlebotomy course
- Prior experience in a correctional or jail setting preferred
- Requires unrestricted current certification or registration in state of practice where such is required
- Collect as necessary, prepare and protect specimens.
- Perform all laboratory tests within the capability of the facility, as ordered by the physician.
- Make necessary arrangements, securing and sending specimens to outside laboratory services, as required.
- Maintain proper records of tests, complete required reports.
- Maintain clean and orderly working environment.
- Maintain proper stocks of supplies and reagents, reordering as necessary.
- Maintains confidentiality and security of health records and protected health information (PHI) in compliance with HIPAA requirements.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of instructions and apply knowledge to different factual situations.
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to details.
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous basis.
- Post orders, if applicable, per site contract.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
CCS is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer